Mich. fish stocking

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I need to consider moving to the UP, I have to hunt them here. I'm headed out soon with a new strategy, take the boat but fish the launch area and points down river before I even think about putting it in the water. 2 years ago I arrived at this same launch, no one there, looks good. I quickly got loaded and backed the boat into the river. I jumped in and fired it up then backed off the trailer. While backing up I looked behind and to both sides. What I saw were the 2 largest trout / steelhead that I'd seen in years scurrying away as I approached.

I didn't catch anything up river that day. Glad to hear you're getting new fish down there Emil :)

rockriver

Reaction score
We have tons of small streams up here that have great fishing that are hard to get to which I love. It's nice to fish alone.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh I'm alone but the problem is the water has risen again and when there are few targets and more area it is tough. I truly regret having not taken the time to make the trip there when I was younger. I had it all planned out back when you had to use paper sources and not the internet to plan. I was looking at fishing out past Newberry, that would give you an idea of where I wanted to fish. I just didn't want it bad enough I guess......

dennyk

Reaction score
Emil, I've been searching for the locations these fish are being released and how many are being released in each location. Do you know if such data is available?

Thanks!

Denny