Trout fishing in September around Boyne City

brownbass

Reaction score
I have access to a home in the Boyne City area and I am curious about the fishing within an hour or slightly more in that area during September and October. The AuSable is of interest to me as well as the Jordan. Can anyone fill me in on fishing around there? Are there any fly shops in the vicinity? What about Steelhead and Salmon?

Bill

dennyk

Reaction score
Last edited:

Redbrook

Reaction score
Denny listed 2 great sources for information on fishing in that area. I would also add Boyne Outfitters | Northern Michigan's Premier Fly Fishing Outfitter | Boyne Outfitters which is very near to where you will be staying. Lots of opportunities for you in that area in September/October time frame. Salmon, Steelhead and trout rivers all relatively close. The fly shops and guide already listed can provide you up to date intel on what and where the fishing is good. I love the Jordan for wild brookies in a beautiful dense forest. You might also consider heading over to the Pigeon River Forest near Gaylord. Three very good wild trout rivers within the forest.

brownbass

Reaction score

brownbass

Reaction score
Denny listed 2 great sources for information on fishing in that area. I would also add Boyne Outfitters | Northern Michigan's Premier Fly Fishing Outfitter | Boyne Outfitters which is very near to where you will be staying. Lots of opportunities for you in that area in September/October time frame. Salmon, Steelhead and trout rivers all relatively close. The fly shops and guide already listed can provide you up to date intel on what and where the fishing is good. I love the Jordan for wild brookies in a beautiful dense forest. You might also consider heading over to the Pigeon River Forest near Gaylord. Three very good wild trout rivers within the forest.
Thanks, Redbrook,
With Denny's and your tips, I can get a good idea of where to look and ask for more specific info. I have been to the Michigan DNC site and have been checking it out. It is so big it is going to take time to sift through it.

Bill