Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Blog Entries

Default Trout fishing in September around Boyne City

I have access to a home in the Boyne City area and I am curious about the fishing within an hour or slightly more in that area during September and October. The AuSable is of interest to me as well as the Jordan. Can anyone fill me in on fishing around there? Are there any fly shops in the vicinity? What about Steelhead and Salmon?

Bill

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trout fishing in September around Boyne City

Hi Bill

I don't get up that way much but this is a great source of information for the Au Sable. The owner's name is Josh Greenburg. Josh is also the author of the book Rivers Of Sand, great read.

Fly Shop, Fishing Lodge, and Restaurant in Grayling, Michigan

For the Boyne Area the guy to talk to is Brian Kozminski. Brian lives in Boyne City.

True North Trout

Have Fun!

Denny
    Last edited by dennyk; 03-13-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Denny listed 2 great sources for information on fishing in that area. I would also add Boyne Outfitters | Northern Michigan's Premier Fly Fishing Outfitter | Boyne Outfitters which is very near to where you will be staying. Lots of opportunities for you in that area in September/October time frame. Salmon, Steelhead and trout rivers all relatively close. The fly shops and guide already listed can provide you up to date intel on what and where the fishing is good. I love the Jordan for wild brookies in a beautiful dense forest. You might also consider heading over to the Pigeon River Forest near Gaylord. Three very good wild trout rivers within the forest.

4. Likes dennyk liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dennyk View Post
    Hi Bill

I don't get up that way much but this is a great source of information for the Au Sable. The owner's name is Josh Greenburg. Josh is also the author of the book Rivers Of Sand, great read.

Fly Shop, Fishing Lodge, and Restaurant in Grayling, Michigan

For the Boyne Area the guy to talk to is Brian Kozminski. Brian lives in Boyne City.

True North Trout

Have Fun!

Denny
    Thanks, Denny,
    This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for.

6. Likes dennyk liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redbrook View Post
    Denny listed 2 great sources for information on fishing in that area. I would also add Boyne Outfitters | Northern Michigan's Premier Fly Fishing Outfitter | Boyne Outfitters which is very near to where you will be staying. Lots of opportunities for you in that area in September/October time frame. Salmon, Steelhead and trout rivers all relatively close. The fly shops and guide already listed can provide you up to date intel on what and where the fishing is good. I love the Jordan for wild brookies in a beautiful dense forest. You might also consider heading over to the Pigeon River Forest near Gaylord. Three very good wild trout rivers within the forest.
    Thanks, Redbrook,
    With Denny's and your tips, I can get a good idea of where to look and ask for more specific info. I have been to the Michigan DNC site and have been checking it out. It is so big it is going to take time to sift through it.

Bill

8. Likes dennyk, Redbrook liked this post