Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
  1. Default The Best of Washington Steelhead and Trout

Guiding fly fishers in Washington - Grass Roots since 1988 - Washington's original and longest lasting fly fishing outfitter.

The Evening Hatch offers blue ribbon catch and release fly fishing for Rainbow and Cutthroat trout on 'Our Home Waters' of Central Washington's spectacular Yakima River and on the Upper Columbia/ featuring Black Bear Lodge in northeastern Washington and its world class trout fishing. Our summer run steelhead adventures include the Klickitat river featuring 'The Steelhead Ranch' Lodge. We target wild and hatchery winter run Steelhead on the Olympic Peninsula Dec-April utilizing our Lake Quinault Lodge.

We have our own conveniently located Yakima River Fly Shop on Yakima River Canyon road, just off exit #109 in Ellensburg, WA as well as three post and beam lodges. The Best of Washington - The Yakima/Naches, Klickitat, Upper Columbia, Methow, Kettle, Olympic Peninsula and more.

Our Philosophy... Have fun, enjoy The Arteries of the Earth, learn some new trickniques and catch some fish! We won't presume to tell you how to fish; Whether it be dry flies, streamers, nymphing, swinging, skating...We are well versed in all techniques with a fly rod, both single hand and double handers, trout and steelhead and can teach you the intricacies of the method(s) you are interested in.. If there is something you would like or not like on your trip, let us know and we will make it happen!

Best fishes, Jack
    Feel free to me contact anytime - jack@theeveninghatch.com
    www.theeveninghatch.com
    Last edited by theeveninghatch; 11-22-2014 at 10:30 PM.

2. Likes fyshstykr, hi tide liked this post

Default Re: The Best of Washington Steelhead and Trout

Welcome Jack, very much looking forward to your post and finding out more about what you offer.

Blog Entries

Jack: Welcome to the forum, its great to have you aboard sponsoring the forum!
    Larry

5. Default Re: The Best of Washington Steelhead and Trout

Thanks for the 'Welcome' and feel free to holler anytime re: Washington watersheds...

5 degrees this AM .... Supposed to warm up Thursday.

jack
    www.theeveninghatch.com
    Last edited by theeveninghatch; 11-22-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theeveninghatch View Post
    Thanks for the 'Welcome' and feel free to holler anytime re: Washington watersheds...

5 degrees this AM .... Supposed to warm up Thursday.

jack
    Jack: Don't feel bad it isn't much warmer here, I think it was 6 degrees when I went to the gym this morning, at least the high winds we have been tortured with of the last few days have vanished.
    Larry

Blog Entries

Hi Jack,

I just came home from 10 days in Oregon, we got in during the great weather and left as the cold snap was coming on. I enjoyed the trip so much I am already looking forward to going south again next November. I will be having a look at your website and perhaps give you a call as I suffer fish fever over the winter here.

Incidentally fellows, it was 39 degrees this morning when we got up and I'm conquering up a trip down the peninsula with a fellow from anchorage for tomorrow or Thursday While the lower 48 shivers & shovels we are enjoying very mild temps. Of course that can change in a few short hours but it's fun to think I'm going fishing tomorrow anyway........

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

8. Default Re: The Best of Washington Steelhead and Trout

This cold snap we have here is unseasonably early, that is for sure. We usually see 2 - 3 weeks of it sometime each Winter, generally not this early. The Summer run Steelhead fishing on the Klickitat has been fabulous this year (per usual) We have 12 more days until the river closes and then on to winter run chrome. Ard, feel free to message anytime. If you are this way again, we will have to swing a fly.

Best,
    jack
    www.theeveninghatch.com
    Last edited by theeveninghatch; 11-22-2014 at 10:31 PM.

9. Likes Ard liked this post