Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Blog Entries

Default For Those Who Can Travel on Short Notice;

Our salmon runs have become so unpredictable that I have been reluctant to book trips in the usual fashion. Usual fashion would be to book clients late the preceding year or early in the current year. This kind of long range planning can put you in Alaska in less than optimum conditions.

Due to what I just told the readers I have openings for Silver Salmon fishing. The Pacific Silver runs get under way by late July and continue into late August. My website contains contact info for both e-mail and phone calls and if you are able to travel on short notice I may be able to get you into good fishing.

Typically the best predictions can be made three weeks in advance of peak numbers so that means more expensive air fares but a better chance of success. If you would be interested in getting on the 'Will Call List" do get in touch. My rates are the best deal in South Central Alaska and I am also the only dedicated fly and Spey fishing guide in this area. Last but not least, things are not getting better with regard to our fisheries here so if you are planning to come in the distant future things may have deteriated further by then. My last client for King Salmon waited until I called him to give the go ahead for his trip. He booked airfare only 3 1/2 weeks prior to his first fishing date. He paid more for the ticket than if he would have bought it last year but he caught 20 King Salmon.

Traveling this far based on what happened last year or 5 years ago was the way of the past. Right now I'm offering you the chance to have a scout on the rivers here and to make a last minute booking that may deliver good fishing. My web link is in the signature line at the bottom of this post.

Thanks for reading,

Ard

I know that doesn't sound like typical Alaskan sales talk but I call things as I see them here on the ground.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Likes ia_trouter liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: For Those Who Can Travel on Short Notice;

Time is running short to plan for Pacific Silver Salmon, I already have some local anglers in the que and will only take 8 people. I'm only a one man service and the boat has 2 passenger seats so 2 anglers at a time is the cut off.

Just thought to mention that.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors