What else is needed.

mbphotos54

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am in the process of considering a 12,6ft 6wt spey rod and need info on What else is needed. Backing- spey line I get its the changable tips and leader setups I do know how to setup. Im used to just putting on a tapered leader or length of mono right to my flyline using loop to loop. Suggestions on easy to learn spey lines greatly welcome. I am looking to throw rubber worms and like flys for bass and other large freshwater beasties.
Mike

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
You can do the research. I'll point you in a general direction.

Study up on Scandinavian style and Skagit style casting. Both use different lines, tips, and leader setups.

You will come across the terms "MOW tips," "T-14," "T-11," "T-8," "Versileader," "polyleader." Get familiar with them.

Go to the Rio Spey page. It has some general information of Spey style fishing.

Dennis

mbphotos54

Reaction score
thanks Dennis. been looking around at stuff. looking to build a good multi used set up for larger flys.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

You can do the research. I'll point you in a general direction.

Study up on Scandinavian style and Skagit style casting. Both use different lines, tips, and leader setups.

You will come across the terms "MOW tips," "T-14," "T-11," "T-8," "Versileader," "polyleader." Get familiar with them.

Go to the Rio Spey page. It has some general information of Spey style fishing.

Dennis
that is an awsome page.. Ill be reading it a few times...

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:26 PM ----------

well, after reading alot and chating with Evan at Allen, I have narrowed my search down to the Rio Scandi short versitip. will see.. should have the rod soon... yep Im joining the ranks of spey fishers.:D