Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first two-hander

Default Re: My first two-hander

Quote Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
    Instead of a Scandi head I'd go with an Airflo Rage head. It can handle wind and heavier flies better. The important thing with short-head lines is to not execute your lift too quickly or too high. If you do you'll blow your anchor.

Randy

I have a Rage 425 gr on my 13' 7wt and absolutely love it!
    Last edited by fysh; 12-24-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Honestly, so far, I think the best bet is to call Bob meiser, tell him the rod you have, the length, etc., and have him make you an aggressive scandi matched to your rod. The guy knows what he's doing and having the perfect length, weight, etc. to match your rod is unbeatable in my opinion.

Default Re: My first two-hander

Thanks, again, everyone.

Merry Christmas.

4. Default Re: My first two-hander

I love my Scandi head. It's great for casting dry flies and making delicate presentations; but on the other hand, it's kind of limited. Because I often fish streamers, I'm going with my Rage head more and more.

Randy

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Exclamation Steve Gotshall is the custom line maker.

Quote Originally Posted by delopez View Post
    Honestly, so far, I think the best bet is to call Bob meiser, tell him the rod you have, the length, etc., and have him make you an aggressive scandi matched to your rod. The guy knows what he's doing and having the perfect length, weight, etc. to match your rod is unbeatable in my opinion.
    Actually its Steve Gotshall who builds the lines for Bob and Gary Anderson. There may be one more in that mix: 541 840 2594 is his phone number. Have several for my rods; all one off's. Even if you/I had the same rod its doubtful we'd get exactly the same line. Won't cost you a penny more than something off the shelf.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123