The 'Double Spey' cast.

troutclout11

Reaction score
Good video recommendation. I see he also has a snap-T video. Any others you might recommend would be appreciated by this super novice :)

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Good video recommendation. I see he also has a snap-T video. Any others you might recommend would be appreciated by this super novice :)
At this point you really don't need any more cast to learn, these will take you long enough to figure out. I'm not sure you realize how big of a chunk your trying to bite off here....don't try to do it all yet.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Double Spey and Snap T. Add in short roll casting with a spey rod and I think I could catch fish! :) It would be all I ever need.

coug

Reaction score
Switch then double spey then single spey. Also suggest learning with a short head line (55' head). Need to be more precise, but much easier to move from that to shorter heads like scandi and skagit than it is the other way around.

troutclout11

Reaction score
If I can chime in here with the proviso that I just started two-hand casting (or attempting to, anyway ;)) in January, I think this video is pretty good, too. I think it's helped me to identify some faults in my double spey cast, but I'll leave it to the experts on the forum to determine whether it's a good instructional video for the double spey or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qOcqbUQWHo

Last edited: