Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Default Defining the differences in Spey Casting to Two-Handed Rod casting.

A great video showing the differences in the two techniques(Spey -vs- Two Handed) and where each cast gets it's power from. They are different.

2. Likes rockriver, mcnerney, dennyk liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Defining the differences in Spey Casting to Two-Handed Rod casting.

Been using 2handers since I was 10 or 12 (I'll be 73 in a few days), first rod out of the UK. Most newbies want to make 100 foot casts ... God Love them, but for fishing a total waste of time.

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Been using 2handers since I was 10 or 12 (I'll be 73 in a few days), first rod out of the UK. Most newbies want to make 100 foot casts ... God Love them, but for fishing a total waste of time.

fae
    Fred: I couldn't agree more. I see these guys on the Green with their Spey rods booming out 100 ft cast after cast, but of all the guys I have only seen one catch a fish and that was just one fish.

Edit: Most of the Steelhead videos that are produced show this guy standing in the water booming out 100 ft cast after cast, so I guess that is what the public thinks is the way to fish with a Spey rod.
    Larry

6. Likes fredaevans, Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

The public thinks Cinderella was a real person, and that animals talk like us......
    They think money brings happiness, and the most rude person wins.....
    It's no wonder I stand in a stream all day.
    And....understand the farther away you fish....the fewer you catch...
    Watched some young guides today with short rods go for the far side of the lawn...
    It's just a way guys measure mostly.....
    Having said that.......Larry, you and I should get together, I might be able to get you hooked, and maybe a fish too....

Jim

8. Likes fredaevans, Ard liked this post