2020's Record Heat

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Cutting carbon? You all know me, as most anglers are, as an optimist. But forget your gasoline engine or flying in a jet, take a moment to think about the atmospheric carbon from the Australian and California wild fires alone! Why should the western world take the lead on environmental issues? Because China and India and Brazil will not. All I can say is, while getting older is not fun, I'm glad to have had the fishing adventures I have loved when I did and the Ice Age evolved species of trout and salmon I pursue lived in relatively natural, unspoiled habitats. Every coming season brings with it obvious evidence of the rapidity with which cold water habitats are degrading. The ice is melting at the poles like in my evening glass of whisky and China's water supply, the glaciers on the Chinese side of the Himalayas (the Third Pole) is too and when that ice is gone, China will be out of natural fresh water, then what? I'm a grand parent and I hate to write this (and I am not a scientist) but we may well be beyond the point of return.
This is the real reason China took Tibet as well. Control of the third pole.

okaloosa

Reaction score
part of a carbon free future may be going back to using renewables like bamboo for fly rods ;)
and graphite is the purist form of carbon:unsure: