2021 Bozeman Bamboo Conclave

LePetomane

Reaction score
Per the Classic Fly Rod Forum the 2021 Bozeman Bamboo Conclave on September 11 is still a go. It will be held at the Bozeman Ponds Pavillion on September 11. I attended the last one in 2019 and it was a lot of fun as well as informative. My dog (Lois) who was a pup at the time kept me busy as well. 2020 was a no-go because of the plague.

There are younger bamboo rodmakers who are producing some very fine rods who show up. There will be no shortage of good conversation and gladhanding.

Meuniere

Reaction score
I'd love to get there and just be a fly on the wall. Maybe I figure it out logistically, but if not, it would be very very helpful to more folks than just myself if you are able to attend and can give us a review of sorts. Much appreciation for your perspective.

LePetomane

Reaction score
Patrick, they are a lot of fun. A couple of guys in the Twin Cities used to host one every September in Martell, Wisconsin. They were always well attended and a good time. A lot of rods to cast and fish stories told, many of them true.

I will post a full report with photos.

pnc

Reaction score
The event is still a "go" for the vaccinated.
I'm told by friend who works in a hospital. That every case being treated for covid , has been previously vaccinated. Also those vaccinated, now being carriers of the disease. Are more likely to spread germs. Seems they are the ones that should be wearing masks.

Reaction score
I'm told by friend who works in a hospital. That every case being treated for covid , has been previously vaccinated. Also those vaccinated, now being carriers of the disease. Are more likely to spread germs. Seems they are the ones that should be wearing masks.
Well, maybe so, but I just finished listening to our fearless leader on the radio, addressing the nation, and he contradicted your friend. As usual, it’s a case of having to decide who to believe.

pnc

Reaction score
Yea, and Columbus had four ships. The Nina, Pinta, Santa Maria, and the one that got to close to the edge.
As for our "fearless leader". What might be said, leaves no doubt in my mind. Believe what you will.

LePetomane

Reaction score
Thank you for giving us the benefit of your friend’s vast inexperience. Take your conspiracy driven opinions elsewhere.

On a better note, Hayden Creek and Meunière, you guys would hav a fun time there. The last one (2019) was a lot of fun. My dog was a pup then and was picking fights with some of the bigger dogs so she received a time out. I left her home this time. This was her then.

28FBAFF1-CC10-476D-A9E0-DE2D41ED7885.jpeg

Last edited:

LePetomane

Reaction score
The event was a good time. Hats off to the organizers who did a wonderful job. There were some local rod makers and a tackle dealer (Freestone Vintage Tackle) there. I was surprised that no one from Tom Morgan Rodsmiths or Sweetgrass was there.

I cast a lot of rods. So many that I lost track of them. They all cast well. A gentleman had a rod he had made from a Pezon Michel taper with staggered ferrules. Beautiful rod but I could not get it to load. The r was made by R. Friedrich and he sells them through River’s Edge in Bozeman at a very reasonable price. Anoth rod maker in attendance was Chris Vance. His rods are highly regarded and he is an excellent caster.

Perhaps the showpiece of the day was a 5 sided rod from the bench of Mario Wojnicki. The rod belonged to a friend of mine who I had fished with a day earlier. I don’t have any photos of it but I can assure you that every about this rod is top notch.

I did take my latest acquisition, the quad with taped splices. The rod went over well for everyone who cast it but there were a few guys who did care for the taped splices.

I did take a lot of photos as I did a lot of socializing but I will add them when I return home. I’m on a road trip, spending two days in Livingston fishing DePuy’s and home Wednesday morning.

Last edited: