2022 Driftless Pictures and Reports

dpnoll48

Reaction score
I finally was able to get out yesterday and fish a stream fairly close to home. The temperature was 39 degrees when I arrived at 11:15 and had risen to 42 degrees when I left at 2:30. The water temp was 40 degrees, every time I checked, and fairly clear. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, I never even had to put on gloves. By the time I got to my starting point it was high noon. It took me awhile because I talked to a young man at the parking area and the talked for quite awhile with one of the landowners who was cutting up some downed trees. I ended up catching a brookie and quite a few browns. By the time I finished I could really feel my legs. Getting in and out in the winter seems to get a little tougher every year. There were some ice shelves but the entire stream was fishable. P1020312.JPG

Attachments

WorknPlay

Reaction score
Glad you were able to get out and have some fun. I normally don't start until March, so you would have been waiting on me a while to post any pictures. Take Care

dpnoll48

Reaction score
I was hanging out at home today (retired) and at 9:30 I checked the hourly forecast, when it showed the warmest period being 10-2 I loaded up my gear and headed out. One of the nice things about living in Lake City is that I can probably get to about 10 streams in just over a half hour. Well, by 11 AM I was starting to fish. The stream I picked had a lot of shelf ice so I was never able to wade. When I arrived the air temp was 37 degrees and the sun was shining. The water temp was 40 deg and the water was crystal clear but, once again the fishing was good. I was using a size 16 Pink Squirrel 2.0. With the sun and clear water the fish were pretty spooky. Most of the fish I caught were on the bottom and the takes were pretty light.
P1020313.jpgP1020314.jpg