2022 Fly Fishing Shows Dates and Locations

dswice

Reaction score
According to Hatch Magazine, some of the major fly fishing shows are now scheduled for 2022 as follows:

Marlborough, MA – Jan. 21, 22 and 23, Royal Plaza Trade Center
Edison, NJ – Jan. 28, 29 and 30, New Jersey Convention and Expo Center
Atlanta, GA – Feb. 4 and 5, Infinite Energy Center, Duluth
Denver, CO – Feb. 11, 12 and 13, Denver Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
Pleasanton, CA – Feb. 25, 26 and 27, Alameda County Fairgrounds
Lancaster, PA – March 5 and 6, Lancaster County Convention Center

The Fly Fishing Show announces 2022 dates | Hatch Magazine - Fly Fishing, etc.

Acheron

Reaction score
Is this open to the public, or dealer only?
Public. I have no experience at this new venue but when it was held at the merchanidise mart it became an unbearable zoo with little to nothing worth going for over the years. It became a massive disappointment because I used to look forward to the show every year.

Reaction score
I already checked on rooms at the hotel/resort/convention center the Denver show is scheduled for. $440/night.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I already checked on rooms at the hotel/resort/convention center the Denver show is scheduled for. $440/night.
Wow. I wasn't planning on going but that's alot of money for a cot and a pot. February is about the worst time of year for me to travel across the state.

LOC

Reaction score
Public. I have no experience at this new venue but when it was held at the merchanidise mart it became an unbearable zoo with little to nothing worth going for over the years. It became a massive disappointment because I used to look forward to the show every year.
I only go to see my friends who work the shows or if I’m doing a seminar but it will be a slap in the face to go to a post Covid show and it’s business as usual. Same vendors with the same kiosks.:LOL:

Edit: After talking with a fly fishing friend he had a good point. For the most part these shows are a lot more entertaining for the newer fly anglers.
For us folks who have been at it for a while it's a tough act to follow once you have been to a few shows or participated in them.

One of the first shows I ever went to i learned a lot. It was the first time seeing a tying demo and as a DIY tier I was doing a lot of the stuff the hard way. The one thing that is a bit of a disappointment is when the major rod manufactures are a no show. One of the appeals of a show is when you can cast lots of different rods all under one roof. I get it though it can be costly to attend all the shows if you are a rod manufacturer.

Last edited: