800 meter rule

busker

Reaction score
hi , i am looking for a link to a Newfoundland map (or list) of Atlantic salmon water within 800 meters (about 1/2 mile ) of provincial highways. ? i am a street musician with a lot more time than money and cannot afford to pay a guide to watch me fish. i realize that guides are worth the money they get but i don't have that kind of money. i reckon i can afford to drive up there from key west , buy the licenses and permits and spend a month or so learning the ropes (i have fished salmon and steelhead in California and Oregon ) so i would like to see how much water is available under the "non-resident no guide required within 800 meters of a provincial highway rule". this is my first post , so be gentle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks ... busker (key west fl )

gotmilk

Reaction score
Here's this map of Atlantic salmon rivers in Newfoundland. If you click on the shown rivers, it brings up google maps and you'd have to see which ones are within 800M of the highway.

It would be awesome to hear about the trip if it comes together for ya.

busker

Reaction score
@grtlksmarlin, thanks for the welcome, what an awesome resource

@wolfglen, i didn't know he had one. but i will find it now thanks

wolfglen

Reaction score
hi , i am looking for a link to a Newfoundland map (or list) of Atlantic salmon water within 800 meters (about 1/2 mile ) of provincial highways. ? i am a street musician with a lot more time than money and cannot afford to pay a guide to watch me fish. i realize that guides are worth the money they get but i don't have that kind of money. i reckon i can afford to drive up there from key west , buy the licenses and permits and spend a month or so learning the ropes (i have fished salmon and steelhead in California and Oregon ) so i would like to see how much water is available under the "non-resident no guide required within 800 meters of a provincial highway rule". this is my first post , so be gentle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks ... busker (key west fl )
Did you ever make that trip?
Did you find Steve Martin's song about the green backed fly?
Add that to your show.
I've written a little song you might like, it's the "Ode to Dick Talleur", a fly fishing tall tale song about fly tying, something like you might hear from Bobby Bare or Shel Silverstiene.

Jack