A Fish A Month For....(ever?)

only adipose

Reaction score
No matter what I do my life seems to get in the way! I need to make some more time for fishing. Today was the very first time this month that I could squeeze in a little time on the water. I imagine that many others feel the same way. I say we motivate each other and pledge to fish at least once a month and post picture of a fish as proof for as long as we can. I realize that many folks on here live in areas where this may not be possible, so do it every month the season is open. It doesn't even matter what kind of fish you post, just post something and try to keep going for as long as you can. I promise it will make your life better!

Join whenever and do your best to keep up. The more people participating the merrier!

She is not big or pretty but a brookie is a brookie and at the end of the day it sure beats a skunken.

Who is in?

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty cool idea, congrats on that beautiful Brookie!!!!
Life can certainly get in the way of fishing. Its easier for me with the kids all grown and now retired.

Here is my best rainbow from yesterdays fishing (Nov):

teledan

Reaction score
Great idea! Ive already got a pic for November, this was on Friday:

And here is a pretty rainbow from October:

And a brown from September:

ivory arrow

Reaction score
I will join in buddy. I am going into my second winter here in Colorado. Last year around mid October I just kinda quit fishing. The reservoirs near me closed, and eventually froze. I could have done some river fishing but I didn't have waders, and told myself I needed them to get in the deep water where fish were.

Truth is I was just giving myself excuses. I don't know why. I didn't take the fly gear out until April! No more excuses. I figure nov and dec will be easy. But Jan and feb will take more commitment.

I found a tailwater that stays a bit warmer than the rest, and a few other spots where fish feed over winter.

November contributions and most likely all of my winter contributions are from the Arkansas River in Colorado.

Wild Brown trout from the freestone on a thirty year old fiberglass rod my dad gave me, and my grandfathers equally old click and pawl.

Stocker released from the hatchery. Caught him in the tailwater section. Cutbow I think? Not sure. I have caught this type before elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ivory

That last fish is a Snake River Cutthroat, easy to identify due to the small spots. Also, some mighty nice looking browns!

dean_mt

Reaction score
I made a goal to get out and fish at least once each month last year (2015). I missed one month, either November or December, can't recall. There were other times that just went to the river and cast for an hour, drifting a nymph. Actually catching fish every month of the year would take quite a bit more effort here.

And winter isn't always the problem. In 2016 I doubt if I fished in August.

But it is a great goal and will try again in 2017.

ivory arrow

Reaction score
Thanks Erney. I still have trouble telling the difference between all the different subspecies of cutthroats and the wide variety of appearances that cutbows take.

herchammer

Reaction score
Well, I don't have any gorgeous trout pics, just an ugly ol' largemouth. I'll try to keep up

It was an unseasonably warm (63 degrees) late November day.

teledan

Reaction score
I went out today and caught a 12" brown but it got away before I could snap a pic. Guess that means I'll have to go out again before the end of the month :)

ivory arrow

Reaction score
Still counts. Good on you for getting out.

dc410

Reaction score
This sounds like a fun challenge. I'm in. Here is my December entry. Caught this pretty little rainbow on top taking midges. Third week of December in 39 degree water.

dc410

Reaction score
I'm still in this. I had a photo of a stocked rainbow from very early in the month, but this little wild brookie is much prettier.