A great day to be outdoors.

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
So the weekend is here and my family needed to get outside for fresh air. My wife and I decided to take our kids on a hike at Roger's Environmental Educational Park located in Sherburne N.Y. My Fishing Partner told me about this place a few years ago. It is a nice place to take a hike. They have 3 stocked trout ponds, 2 regular Ponds and plenty of woods and assorted wildlife. No fishing is allowed, but you are allowed to feed the fish with feed provide gumball style, for 25 cents a handful. There is a restaurant about a mile and a half away called Gilligan's Island that has really good food and homemade ice-cream. It is an important part of each trip to the park. Today we ate lunch first, before going to the park. Then after we were done hiking we went back for Ice-cream.

Attachments

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
When we left I decided to stop off at a spot not to far from the park that I go fossilhunting at. I didn't have my tools with me and nobody else really wanted to go so I just spent a few minutes wandering around looking for anything good.20210327_153815.jpg

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
After searching for a few minutes. We headed back home. I was itching to fish so when I got home I grabbed my gear and headed to the Erie Canal. I brought my Bamboo, in hopes of catching my first fish with it. I should mention that the temps were in the 40's most of the day at it was cloudy. But when I got to the canal the sun was out . The fish were not very aggressive. They tapped my fly very gently. Mot of the fish were small crappie. One finally hit my fly and inhaled it. I got all excited. But it unhooked itself before I could get it to my net. After switching flies and moving around a bit, I finally found another taker. A nicely colored Sunfish. It didn't put up a great fight but it was fun nonetheless. Now my Bamboo is finally christened!20210327_185210.jpg