A might on the toasty side

dubbn

Reaction score
We were below normal temps and well above on precip here, until this weekend. There's a big high pressure system sitting over the West right now, which has ushered in summer with a bang.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Acheron

Reaction score
The river flows here are plummetting even with the heat wave. It doesn't make me feel good for the fish in rivers this year, we always have an amount of mortality due to various reasons and this will surely increase that.

Knowing what I know, which ain't much, if I had a fishing trip to Colorado planned for Aug-Sept, I would check into re-scheduling or cancelling and heading somewhere else. Not to save the fish (although that is a positive aspect to it) but because the fishing is not going to be good under those conditions.

Last edited:

sasquatch7

Reaction score
Colorado last week . First time ever I was stuck in snow in June . Didnt seem hot to me , 70s daytime and 30s at night . Elevation 10kstucktruck.jpg odd feet .

Last edited:

sasquatch7

Reaction score
Its 112 in the shade here . So hot yesterday one of my chickens died and they're in a shaded pen with a mister on them .

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
We had about an hour of heavy rain today. When it rolled in it was 94. Cooled right down to 80. Chances of rain everyday through the weekend.
Hope it reaches all in the west. We need it.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Forecast to be 77, 72, 73, 79, 83 here over the next 5 days.

What heat wave?
You've been lucky. You know what 95 is like up here. Williams will be done in another 2 weeks.
If things don't change. Fingers crossed for this weekend. 80% chance of rain.

jwbowen

Reaction score
Forecast to be 77, 72, 73, 79, 83 here over the next 5 days.

What heat wave?
Did you mean to say "very hot here and there is a talk of shutting down the State"?!! Combined with
recent studies from the "entomology institute" has show the 43rd day of beetle decline due to the acidic
death cloud!

el jefe

Reaction score
You've been lucky. You know what 95 is like up here. Williams will be done in another 2 weeks.
If things don't change. Fingers crossed for this weekend. 80% chance of rain.
Hopin' and a-prayin', but if we're dropping to those temps, hopefully you'll be getting some relief, too.

South Fork was pleasant this last weekend and early into this week. I think it was mid-70's most of the week. Its was a nice relief from the heat here.

Hope you get a deluge this weekend!!:)

alfaromeo

Reaction score
100 + degrees here in sacramento for the next 5 days.......just last week we had 4 days over 103 and 2 days over 110..lovely

caddis75

Reaction score
Looks bad out there. Second-guessing getting in my car tomorrow and driving out to Wyoming. I have no idea what the green river will look like at 600 cfs. Crazy.

Acheron

Reaction score
Thank little baby Jesus we have had a bit of relief. Temps dropped into the 70s with rain. Hopefully it helps the fires and helps to prevent more. In addition, some of the rivers which were looking in bad shape are being propped up by the rains, and that's a dang good thing even if the fishing (not the fish) suffers for a bit.

losthwy

Reaction score
Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope"
100 + degrees here in sacramento for the next 5 days.......just last week we had 4 days over 103 and 2 days over 110..lovely
Brutal!!
Crazy weather, went from +20F above normal to -20F below normal with rain. Yesterday we got dumped on for 5-10 minutes. HEAVY rain mixed with small hail. It was enough to form pools and float the mulch in the yard.

dtaylo1066

Reaction score
For fishing in the Rockies in late July and August, you may want to take a bucket of water with you. If we do not have plenty of summer monsoon rains, Hoot Owl regs will be the norm. I would not invest in a new pair of waders this year, as wet wading may be the norm in non-tailwater rivers and streams.