Advice for Colorado trip Sept/Oct

losthwy

Reaction score
Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope"
Lots of good advice, September is my favorite time of the year in Colorado to fish, and for that matter everything else, with a few days of separation from Labour Day . The tourist have gone home, flows are low, weather is perfect, the kids are back to school, parents are back to work, many of the locals are out elk hunting, aspens are in gold, and the elk are bugling. The first time you hear an elk bugling you will ask your mates "what the hell was that". Bloody well erie of a sound. What every ever you do DO NOT drive back to Denver on a Sunday after 9:00 AM. You will be sorry.
Cheers, enjoy your trip

sasquatch7

Reaction score
All good advice , too bad canceling your trip . I come to Colorado every year and stay most of the summer before heading NW . After self quarantining myself for the last 7 weeks I cant wait to finally get there .

hatidua

Reaction score
Moral: Don't ever have a drinking contest with a Colorado resident, especially at lower elevations.
That cannot be overstressed, especially at some sea level location. I don't want to divulge what is possible for someone from CO or similar elevation in their first week at some bonefish spot but suffice it to say they can withstand serious volume and not even slightly show it.