Anchored Podcast - Current State of Columbia River Steelhead

flytie09

Reaction score
It's difficult to hear that a beloved fish population is collapsing right in front of everyone's eyes.

What are you doing? Personally......I'm out on any trips out West for Steelhead. I won't fish for them. I don't want to catch the last of an endangered species. It is but a drop in the bucket...... but it's a start.

Gill nets, angling moratoriums, guide restrictions, dams, commercial fishing both domestic and international......all is on the plate to reverse the course we're on. Where's the plan? I'm afraid it will be too late before people wake the f' up and make some changes. So very sad.

At least there are Great Lakes fish. But they're not really Steelhead, Right?

Ross_S

Reaction score
It's nothing new to this year. It's a struggle that has been going on for a long time. It's what happens all years during drought on the west coast. It's a never ending battle of water that involves fish, waterfowl, and agriculture

Ross_S

Reaction score
Do some research on the Klamath basin. If you truly do it with an open mind you will realize how complicated of a situation drought truly is. It involves runs of fish that have been there forever. A major nesting habitat for the pacific flyaway. And families and communities that will lose everything. Sometimes things aren't simple and easy