Any yellow breeches tips?

cwb124

Reaction score
Hankering to get out and make the 90 minute ride to yellow breeches. Never fished it before. Access is my primary concern. I can find hatch charts and stuff, but not sure where I can get in or where I should get in. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

gnarl78

Reaction score
I fished it last week. Water conditions were good but not much in the way of hatches I could see. I didn’t fish till sunset so don’t know if there’s an evening hatch now. More fishermen mid-week than I expected. I accessed at the Children’s Lake in Boiling Springs and fished the stretch down past the dam at Allenberry (which was still closed). Nice fishing, but slow catching for me. My impression is fish see a lot of flies in that stretch of water...

flytie09

Reaction score
My experiences there were similar to yours. Hopefully you had fun and maybe learned something for next time.

gnarl78

Reaction score
Yes, I always enjoy fishing it though not as often as I’d like. My first introduction to the Breeches was over 40 years ago during a family vacation. The shutdown prevented me from hitting it during the Sulpha’s hatch this season.

cwb124

Reaction score
I ended up heading more west and fishing a stream in Franklin county since I brought my 11 year old son with me who is learning fly fishing but mostly spin/bait fishes to keep him interested. Water was lower than I've ever seen it this time of year and fishing was slow. Did land 3 nice trout. 2 browns and a nice 14" fat brookie. All released. I will get to yellow breeches myself here soon hopefully during a hatch.