Anyone been to New Zealand?

zesto

Reaction score

ontheflymn

Reaction score
I was there many years ago: beautiful country, nicest people I've ever met, great local beer choices, some of the most beautiful water I've ever fished, and a place I long to visit again.

adrien schnee

Reaction score
I live in NZ and some of the best filmed YouTube videos are from an American angler and his wife (Jensen fly fishing) who fish here over the summer months. "KNOWING" - YouTube 2 Days in Heaven - Incredible Sight-Fishing & Stunning Scenery - YouTube Currently it's summer here and the cicadas are due any week now. Life goes on as normal as there are no Covid-19 cases in the community so life is good.
I live in NZ and some of the best filmed YouTube videos are from an American angler and his wife (Jensen fly fishing) who fish here over the summer months. "KNOWING" - YouTube 2 Days in Heaven - Incredible Sight-Fishing & Stunning Scenery - YouTube Currently it's summer here and the cicadas are due any week now. Life goes on as normal as there are no Covid-19 cases in the community so life is good.
hey don't forget if you go to NZ drop into Australia, we have some great rivers and streams too...
hey don't forget if you go to NZ drop into Australia, we have some great rivers and streams too...
I live in NZ and some of the best filmed YouTube videos are from an American angler and his wife (Jensen fly fishing) who fish here over the summer months.

"KNOWING" - YouTube

2 Days in Heaven - Incredible Sight-Fishing & Stunning Scenery - YouTube

Currently it's summer here and the cicadas are due any week now. Life goes on as normal as there are no Covid-19 cases in the community so life is good.
Hi Zesto, you live in a beautiful part of the country. I used to go every two years or so for a few weeks fishing the South Island around Gore to Te Annau, but had one very enjoyable visit to the N Island as well. Always March, which suited me fine. It’s not important, but Dave and Amelia Jensen live about an hour south of where I grew up in Central Alberta, Canada, not the US. They have done well in real estate, turned a fishing camp into a “ boutique retreat “ then sold it, bought the Alberta fishing guide, then sold it, and rep for Orvis. Not sure if they still do any but they used to run a guiding company in central and southern Alberta also. They’re active and get out fishing a lot. Their videos are quite well done, you’re right,

tight lines
adrien

oops! Sorry for the triple quote, not sure what happened there.

zesto

Reaction score
Hi Zesto, you live in a beautiful part of the country. I used to go every two years or so for a few weeks fishing the South Island around Gore to Te Annau, but had one very enjoyable visit to the N Island as well. Always March, which suited me fine. It’s not important, but Dave and Amelia Jensen live about an hour south of where I grew up in Central Alberta, Canada, not the US. They have done well in real estate, turned a fishing camp into a “ boutique retreat “ then sold it, bought the Alberta fishing guide, then sold it, and rep for Orvis. Not sure if they still do any but they used to run a guiding company in central and southern Alberta also. They’re active and get out fishing a lot. Their videos are quite well done, you’re right,

tight lines
adrien

oops! Sorry for the triple quote, not sure what happened there.
Thanks Adrien for the update.