Anyone seen this line configuration?

jayr

Reaction score
Picked up a used reel and this 7 weight line was on it. I’m pretty sure it is a cheap line which is no big deal but saw this connection between the fly line and leader which I have never seen before.

Anyone?2767946A-57F7-4D83-8B1A-DEDF515A104C.jpeg

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
Picked up a used reel and this 7 weight line was on it. I’m pretty sure it is a cheap line which is no big deal but saw this connection between the fly line and leader which I have never seen before.

Anyone?View attachment 26950
That is really strange. I wouldn’t think that it would even fit through the guides on the rod. Is it hollow and does it float?

I hope someone on here can tell us what it is.

Good luck,

Don

jayr

Reaction score
I remember those
Another crutch for people without knot tying skills.
Fortunately they never caught on.
That’s what I figured. This line most likely will not see any use, but if it does I’m just going to do a nail knot with some amnesia and put a perfection loop on it. I may give it to a friend of mine. I’m sure this is not a quality line most likely.

Thanks!

jayr

Reaction score
No idea. Not going to even use this line. Probably giving it to a buddy as a backup rod line. It’s about the size of two grains of rice.

JoJer

Reaction score
I used to make line connections like that with a dab of Shoo-Goo. I had a tube that had a crack in it and it partially dried. It was just right to smooth out a leader to line knot. I could roll it on with my fingers and pinch it down to size. After a while, I tied smaller knots and had less trouble getting them through the guides.