Argentina February 2017

gbanker

Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from Argentina where we fished around San Martin de los Andes. We stayed at Estancia Tipiliuke from which we fished the Chimehuin River, Estancia Tres Lagos for fishing the Filo Hua Hum and finally we stayed in Piedra de Aguilas and fished the Limay River. All were great fisheries in their own way. Here are some trip pictures.

Getting ready to head out.

Fishing at last...

Success!

Gathering energy for the afternoon.

We do enjoy stream-side lunches.

I believe this is a 4:1 mixture of lighter fluid and Albolene Moisturizing Cleanser. Works well to keep a dry fly floating.

Estancia Tres Lagos

Guide's choice.

Big guys holding fish makes them appear small. This brown taped at 24".

Seems we enjoy eating as well as fishing.

Breakfast guests.

Fishing a spring creek.

With nice results.

Typical fish from the Filo Hua Hum which we sight fished New Zealand style.

If you look very closely you might be able to see the huge brown why wife was casting to. Couldn't fool this one!

More pictures of the Filo Hua Hum.

Lastly, a nice brown from the Limay River.

A big thanks to Yellowdog, our trip organizer, Ron and Vanessa Sorensen’s Chocolate Lab Expeditions who were our in-country facilitators and to our guides: Diego, Ron, Tomy and Shaggy.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
George

Thanks for sharing those awesome photos, you two caught some really beautiful trout, congrats!

gbanker

Reaction score
Any travel tips? Or thoughts about traveling to Argentina?

kevin
We used LOL for airport transfers and in-country hotels when not staying at a fishing venue.

Never used the 4wt rod that I brought. Should of thrown in a 6wt as it would have come in handy when the wind came up.

We didn't do any sightseeing on this trip but for first time visitors I would suggest researching what else Argentina has to offer , ie. Mendosa wine country, Iguazu Falls, etc. Especially if traveling with a spouse.