Arkansas teacher here

ThatMrF

Reaction score
Hello, DJ.

Thanks for sharing your work, and I’m glad you have found a place to help others while loving what you do. You must be making a tremendous impact in those inmates’ lives. They are lucky to have you, and I’m sure you are greatly rewarded through your work with them. I haven’t thought much about teaching in other environments, but your experience reminds me that there are a lot of avenues for us to work in others’ lives.

As for pics, you have my word that when I catch a big trout (still angling for that 20+ incher), it’ll be posted. I’m still paying my dues, but it’ll happen soon.
Best,
Ben

ThatMrF

Reaction score
Welcome!! NWA here. Love our tailwaters. Also Sped. Instructional Asst. at High School level. This is a great site
Hey, R Reese. Glad to connect with another local educator (I teach two sections of inclusion) and fisherman.

I’m still figuring out our waters here. For example, I thought I could wade Beaver tailwaters last week, but it was a swampy lake compared to the flowing stream that I had some great success on last summer.

This site seems to be a great place. I’ve never been welcomed so warmly. Looking forward to learning, connecting, and fishing with some new friends.

Fish on!
Ben

ed from bama

Reaction score
You deserve a medal, Ed. 37 years!!! Teaching is a great profession, but it is a tough one. It is a calling; the impact you can make is great. I’m honored to be a part of the teacher tribe.
I’ve never fished for reds, but it seems like it’d be a lot of fun. What a great place to retire!

I’ll look into your books also. I greatly admire your post-teaching pursuits—writing is tough work. Like many others, I carry the dream of my words being published someday, but this hope is also balanced mightily by a lazy writing ethic.🙂

NWA is growing fast. I don’t recognize areas six months after I visited last. I hope you had a great trip on the White. We have some incredible fisheries here.

Thanks for stopping by and connecting, Ed.
Ben- I have found that when a teacher doesn't have to worry about lesson plans and grading papers and after school activities and football and baseball practice and field trips and.... well, you understand- it frees up a considerable amount of time. Teaching school would be a pretty easy gig if teaching school was the only thing involved.
Now, I'm excited because I got a couple of new fly rods shipped in yesterday- one lovely little 5 wt.already completed that I'm going to review, and then a truly interesting 8 wt graphite blank that I'm going to build as soon as the guides and other parts come in. Ought to be a redfish catcher.
And as far as redfish go, if you ever get a chance to come to the Gulf Coast- heck, it's only about 8 hours from where you live- I'd love to take you fishing for reds- it is a great deal of fun.

good day to all- Ed