Back brace

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Honestly rock ,my DR at the VA, gave me a nylon type elastic ,velcro thing .....i didnt care much for it some like it some dont , if its for while your standing in river fishing i feel your pain, when it gets to that i shuffle back to shore and take a break ....i have degenerated discs,and nerve damage all along spine. So some days are good others arent , if i hear of any good ones ill be happy to pass on to you buddy
David

JoJer

Reaction score
I got a plastic/velcro dealie after my second back surgery. They screwed L-5 to L4, then 3 years later screwed them both to S-1. At the post-op follow 2 weeks after the second surgery the doctor told me I didn't need it anymore. Maybe your back isn't telling you you need a brace: maybe it's saying something else.

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Honestly yoga can be an awesome benefit, my wife is a therapist,and a third level yoga instructer .... i was very negative towards it at first and I dismissed it ...she pushed me and im happy for it it does help , mild stretches do help
David

jmw

Reaction score
I second the Koolbak recommendation. Their wader belt has a couple of d-rings on the back of the belt. They have some accessories you can add, like net holsters and wading staff holsters. I've been using one for five or six years and the durability is excellent.

dennyk

Reaction score
Just a thought Emil, maybe your doc could write you a script for one and you can have it custom fitted for your needs and build.

Best case scenario, the insurance company picks up the tab, at least that was how it worked for my knee brace.

Good luck!

Denny

JoJer

Reaction score
Massage is another wonderful therapy, if done correctly. In between my 2 operations, I went to our county fair. "Sure, I'd like a free massage." I've had Asian massages before. Didn't remember some details. He worked really hard trying to get those two vertebrae to bend. Ouch.
The actual truth is, I should have been doing PT regularly and strengthening my core.

dipaoro

Reaction score
I recently purchased the following by Simms:

I have yet to use it...but this feels "pretty pretty good" when standing. Feels odd when sitting down.​
More reviews to follow in the April timeframe.​

BackMagic Wading Belt

1642344884776.png