Back from Austria

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was worried not to be allowed to go to Austria because of covid....It was impoosible for me to organize a fast waters fly fishing training as usual at the last moment so i spent a week with my son Nico and his girlfriend.We were lucky with the wx ,only one morning's rain.The trout density in the Tux bach always amazes me.For someone who masters the fast waters techniques.Browns,rainbows and brookies are everywhere.The sceneries are great,the Hotel Forelle who owns the Tuxbach is comfortable,the cooking is excellent,the owners Eva and Roland really friendly.I've been going there since2005 and I've never been disappointed.Good beer is included🍺IMG_20200723_114110.jpgIMG_20200720_143625.jpgIMG_20200721_150050.jpgIMG_20200719_160722.jpgIMG_20200723_130705.jpg
An amazing black brookie
IMG_20200723_100944.jpg
the last fish of the week:)
IMG_20200724_154708.jpg

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
You may not imagine how happy I am to see this post JP :)

So good to learn that you are out and about after all the hardships you and your fellow Frenchmen have endured. You never know.............. This years trip to Scotland was a victim of the pandemic but maybe, just maybe we can coordinate my coming to fish Scotland next year and then take a drive through the tunnel then across France to see you. If I'm coming as far as Scotland there would be no viable excuse for not coming to see you and then insisting that you arrange in advance for us to visit Austria.

How does that sound?

You can reply by PM and if you want I will just add France to my international calling accounts. I'd love to do this while still physically able, facing the fact that I am not getting younger and more able here. I took particular notice of the good beer part of the post, I like German beers, do they have a good selection? I still have my small stream rods and can still tie flies even little flies for little fish. I'd love to meet you in person>

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Jp, Your posts and trip reports are something I always look forward to. The scenery is so Beautiful and spectacular!!!!! I have no idea on how to fish that fast water, maybe someday you can show me. And if Ard leaves any beer maybe I could have one too;)

Take care Kev

Last edited:

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jp, Your posts and trip reports are something I always look forward to. The scenery is so Beautiful and spectacular!!!!! I have no idea on how to fish that fast water, maybe someday you can show me. And if Ard leaves any beer maybe I could have one too;)

Take care Kev
Kev....fishing fast waters is my speciality and I organize one week's training in Austria every year....not possible this year because of covid19:(:)

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may not imagine how happy I am to see this post JP :)

So good to learn that you are out and about after all the hardships you and your fellow Frenchmen have endured. You never know.............. This years trip to Scotland was a victim of the pandemic but maybe, just maybe we can coordinate my coming to fish Scotland next year and then take a drive through the tunnel then across France to see you. If I'm coming as far as Scotland there would be no viable excuse for not coming to see you and then insisting that you arrange in advance for us to visit Austria.

How does that sound?

You can reply by PM and if you want I will just add France to my international calling accounts. I'd love to do this while still physically able, facing the fact that I am not getting younger and more able here. I took particular notice of the good beer part of the post, I like German beers, do they have a good selection? I still have my small stream rods and can still tie flies even little flies for little fish. I'd love to meet you in person>
Thanks Ard...going to PM you;)