Bahamian Fishing License Question

SaltAndPepper

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'll be visiting The Bahamas this upcoming weekend. My cruise departs Miami on Friday December 17 and the ship stops at Nassau during our stay for the weekend. I'm thinking about doing the "Blue Lagoon" Excursion if I were allowed to do a little fly fishing on the North Beach or Kelly's beach where I believe no one is allowed to go in the water. I'd practice catch and release strictly. Do you folks know if I would need a Bahamian fishing license if I was fishing strictly from the shore?

I'm having a tough time finding the answer to this question and time is running out. It didn't occur to me to try to do a little fishing on this trip till just recently.

Bonesonthebrain

Reaction score
Think it is a permit that you need, believe a license is only for fishing from a non-Bahamian vessel. The lodge takes care of it, you only sign it and they keep it on record. The issue you may run into is finding the office to buy the permit on short notice, not sure if it is something you could get beforehand.

For whatever reason the links on Bahamas.gov are not any good for the permit info.

moucheur2003

Reaction score
You can get it when you get there from the local government office. That is, if it's open, and if the person responsible for issuing them happens to be in that day. Better to try to line it up in advance. Your cruise sponsor may be able to do that for you.

SaltAndPepper

Reaction score
Thanks all, I ended up buying my Bahamas seven day fishing license through GoOutdoorsBahamas.com could've been $20 but came out to $35 after electing to donate a small amount for conservation and getting the hard copy as a fishing memory trinket, as it will never arrive in time.