Bam's Fly Photos

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
Size 14 Stimulator, a fitting first fly for my return to the vise after my ordeal. Managed 4, this one was my favorite.
Ring Light with a diffused back fill light.

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
Went with a white background on this one after taking shots with both, I just like how it brings out the shape of the transparent UV. I also preferred how the white filled the UV and made the colors pop more.

Size 16 Crystal Magic Scud

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
Fish Candy! Palm shot, should have captured more of my hand for scale but didnt like the framing I was getting.

Realistic Mayfly Nymph, using a lovely rock to try and match the environment since I was going for realism.

Acheron

Reaction score
Wow, so many great flies.

I LOVE those woven flies. Am just getting into weaving because they look is so dang cool. If the fish care, we'll see, but I will sure like to show a few of them off...they're so dang pretty! I would not have thought to weave wire, did you just try it out or read it somewhere? Regardles...way cool!

Also those realistic ones are off the charts! When I first saw the picture I had to double take because I thought it was a streamside pic of actual bugs.

Your pictures are all very clear and for me show the great detail of the flies.

Makes me want to hop on the vice!

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
That is truly fantastic.
could you please tell us which caddis pupa works best for you....
Thank you! The Pasi pupa is by far my favorite in appearance, but in terms of what works best that's harder to say. I'll only keep a handful of these more realistic flies for some of my slower moving pools with very smart wild brown trout. Aside from that simpler Caddis Pupa patterns are just as if not more effective in moving water with the additional "buggy" material that most interrupted caddis patterns have. A well dubbed body and nice flowing hackle and you're all set the rest is for the fisher ;)

okaloosa

Reaction score
Thank you! The Pasi pupa is by far my favorite in appearance, but in terms of what works best that's harder to say. I'll only keep a handful of these more realistic flies for some of my slower moving pools with very smart wild brown trout. Aside from that simpler Caddis Pupa patterns are just as if not more effective in moving water with the additional "buggy" material that most interrupted caddis patterns have. A well dubbed body and nice flowing hackle and you're all set the rest is for the fisher ;)
I could not agree with you more! I love tying the more realistic flies but they just dont seem to be as effective in the faster runs and riffles for the reasons you state. Still, I think your realistic mayfly 2.0 as a lead and an RS2 as the point fly should work just about anywhere!