Bam's Fly Photos

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
There is a wealth of talent on this Forum....I am not worthy :cry:
Haha well I appreciate that but I still consider myself quite the novice at all thing fly fishing especially around here. I have fly fished for almost 3 years and only been tying for a bit over a year. I credit my successes and rapid learning curves to the amazing resources that these great people provide here and like places online. With lack of in person mentorship or resources I have learned almost everything I know about tying and fishing from online videos or literature, so my heart really goes out to all those who are willing to share and teach there life long lessons to newcomers from the tech age. It has changed my life and outlook on it since the day I decided I wanted to fly fish, which I will be forever grateful for. I seem to learn something new every time I look and that's what I love so much about the sport!

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
Local Copper John variation.

BHSoftHackle-3.jpg

Bead Head Soft Hackles to go with my unweighted ones.
BHSoftHackle-2.jpg

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
Sat down at the bench this morning and decided I wanted to try and come up with a realistic Grasshopper. This was the first and only attempt from the morning haha. Fun challenge and will definitely go after it again as there were things I wasn't happy with but lacked the material to achieve the desired effect.

RealisticHopperOutside-4.jpg

RealisticHopperOutside.jpg

RealisticHopperOutside-3.jpg

RealisticHopperOutside-2.jpg

RealisticHopperOutside-6.jpg

Was good enough to catch the attention from this local pro who gave it a thero inspection.
RealisticHopperOutside-5.jpg

On the vise.
RealisticHopperViseAll copy.jpg

RunNGun

Reaction score
Sat down at the bench this morning and decided I wanted to try and come up with a realistic Grasshopper. This was the first and only attempt from the morning haha. Fun challenge and will definitely go after it again as there were things I wasn't happy with but lacked the material to achieve the desired effect.

View attachment 39760

View attachment 39765

View attachment 39761

View attachment 39762

View attachment 39764

Was good enough to catch the attention from this local pro who gave it a thero inspection.
View attachment 39763

On the vise.
View attachment 39766
WOW!!!
I'm not sure I'd call your creations "fly tying"....... it's more like an art form. If it is fly tying I'm not sure what to call my "flies".😁

Bam Boozelled

Reaction score
WOW!!!
I'm not sure I'd call your creations "fly tying"....... it's more like an art form. If it is fly tying I'm not sure what to call my "flies".😁
Thanks much appreciated, as long as the fish eat them its fly tying! To be honest a chubby would out fish this all day haha, it doesnt have much in it that floats so it would have to be fished subsurface/sunken which I'm sure would catch someone's attention, but its not a typical way to present a hopper.