Belize countdown

Matt4.0

Reaction score
Nearing the 2 week countdown to Belize! I think I’ve read every thread on the forum regarding Belize at least 3x (including at least one started myself), and I’m about as squared away fishing-wise as I’m going to get given my skill set and time allotted for the pursuit. (Have 2 days guided fishing booked, a 7wt and 9wt for those days and some DIY, appropriate clothing, wading boots, and yes....sunglasses (don’t need another lengthy thread on those)).

With that said, it’s the wife and I and we have a couple days out of the 7 we’ll be there open for non fishing-related activities. Any recommendations from those of you familiar with the area? We’ll be staying on Ambergris Caye (3 days close to San Pedro and 4 days at a small hotel on the southwest corner of Ambergris). Fry jacks with Marie sharp’s and Belikins are already on the list, any particular bars/restaurants or other excursions you guys would suggest? Of course I’m always open to additional fishing rec’s as well, but don’t feel like you need to repeat yourself if you’ve already given them on the forum as I’ve probably read it if so :).

chechem

Reaction score
Fry Jack with Marie Sharps? Maybe honey instead.

Pick your fishing days based on wind, not the dates. Wind can be limiting during March. Hope you're lucky with it.

Have fun.

Matt4.0

Reaction score
Fry Jack with Marie Sharps? Maybe honey instead.

Pick your fishing days based on wind, not the dates. Wind can be limiting during March. Hope you're lucky with it.

Have fun.
I was thinking about conch fritters with the hot sauce and mis-typed apparently. And yes, fingers crossed on the wind.

flyminded

Reaction score
Elvi’s kitchen was a pleasant surprise.

And for a street side bar, close to the water..Sandy Toes had cold beer and decent food, think we ate there twice in 4 days.

chechem

Reaction score
I was thinking about conch fritters with the hot sauce and mis-typed apparently. And yes, fingers crossed on the wind.
You should pack along a couple of those packets of honey (like they have at restaurants). Honey is great on Fry Jack, and most resorts don't serve it with FJ. Just a suggestion.