Best Online Places To Buy Fly Tying Material

rec4804

Reaction score
As I'm getting more serious about tying my own flies and following recipes I find that the feathers I have that look "close enough" or are artificial, just don't cut it anymore. What are some of the best online stores to buy good quality feathers (and other supplies) for the best price? I've looked around before asking and havn't seen anyone else asking this, so I'd appreciate some answers even if this question has been asked a dozen times before. I've always had a super good experience with this forum and community so I look forward to hearing your responeses.

Tight lines,

-Rec4804

P.S. Some of the supplies I'm looking into getting is a hare mask, foam, rubber legs, woodchuck and squirrel fur, and CDC feathers if anyone wants to reply to something specific.

rec4804

Reaction score
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for but was unable to find. I knew someone else on this hAd to have asked this question many times before.

bbbruce77

Reaction score
Try "Fly Tyers Dungeon" for really great prices on dubbings and synthetic hair, etc. His prices are less than half of the brand name versions with equal or better quality in my experience.

coug

Reaction score
I usually try to go local, either the Red Shed (my home shop) or Waters West. Next place I look is Slide Inn or Blue Ribbon. Blue ribbon gets some very nice fur and feathers. Tough to beat the selection of more common stuff at Stockard or Feathercraft.

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Local is always a great idea, if you have local shops , nearest shop to me is a 2 hour drive to “ Dettes shop “ great place in Livingston manor ,

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Ive worked with Bob Marriott a few times , great selection great service and shipping. , another thing i like about j stockards is every dollar you spend you accumulate points towards future purchases

Lamarsh

Reaction score
I usually buy from J. Stockard, Spawn and Feather Craft. J. Stockard most consistently has what I want, but Spawn's free shipping triggers at $25, whereas J. Stockard is $100. They each seem to have some things the others don't. I'll buy from Fly Fish Food when these retailers don't have what I want, as Fly Fish Food seems to fill the gap, but their prices aren't the best. Nice website tho. One cool thing is they will post materials lists for the patterns they have on YouTube, and even offer materials substitutes.