Best time of year..

smp005

Reaction score
Planning a family fishing trip to the Bahamas - probably Abaco..

What time of year would be considered "Prime" for bonefish?

catspaw

Reaction score
Although I've never fished Abaco I have fished Eleuthera a lot and a few other islands as well. The fish are always there but everything is weather and water temp related. Jan and Feb usually have fewer but larger fish but being one of the most northern islands a severe cold front is possible. March and April usually gets you out of the cold front but the wind can blow. There's no guarantees but it's palm trees and sandy flats, how bad can it be? I've never fished later than April, May starts my flats fishing for stripers on my home waters.

benisa

Reaction score
Although I've never fished Abaco I have fished Eleuthera a lot and a few other islands as well. The fish are always there but everything is weather and water temp related. Jan and Feb usually have fewer but larger fish but being one of the most northern islands a severe cold front is possible. March and April usually gets you out of the cold front but the wind can blow. There's no guarantees but it's palm trees and sandy flats, how bad can it be? I've never fished later than April, May starts my flats fishing for stripers on my home waters.
Was it DIY that you went to Eleuthera

benisa

Reaction score
Check out diybonefishing.com if you have not done so , some great advise on the above