Best wade fishing net for the money?

Tirade

Reaction score
I used the Devin/Lance method using one of these cheap nets. Works great!

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
Gotta say, I just bought the White River Hobbs Creek net at Cabela’s/Bass Pro Shops when I lost my net on a trip earlier this month and for $30 it’s great. The Cortland available at Walmart is around $20-$25 and is almost identical except for the bag. The White River has the rectangular openings on the smaller size, the Cortland has the smaller, hexagonal openings. I also got the mid-size Hobbs Creek for bigger fish and it has the hex openings and the bag is identical to the one used on the Rising Brookie net. I had one of those for a few years, but while I liked the size of the bag and the hex openings, the net itself was heavy and sinks. No good for my uses. So I’d go either Cortland or White River Hobbs Creek. Economical and functional.

Acheron

Reaction score
I went with the FishPond Nomad mid after trying a fair number of different nets. I've lost a couple and sure was glad they were less expensive nets. My last one is north of the arctic circle :D

For the money, Joey Bagels is right I think, those BPS/Cabelas rubber net with wood handles are pretty inexpensive and take a beating.

I still use my small measure-net for smaller streams but for everything else it's the Nomad. Makes landing fish so much easier having the longer handle.

mka

Reaction score
While not inexpensive, the Fisknat carbon net is a great net for the money...very light, floats, and that rubberized handle is nice for a good grip. Anglers can get them with either the clear basket or in black. The black basket with the carbon frame looks great and for those who don't want to handle fish (no harm to fish) and take a photo with their fish in the basket, the black works nicely as a background color. The net exceeds my expectations...
WygpewErQ5Gd2hRhBEIKoA.jpgfullsizeoutput_1a49.jpeg