Big feet and wader boots/flats booties

desmobob

Reaction score
After years of struggling with slightly-undersized boots/booties on my waders, I ordered custom G3 stocking foots from Simms with size 16/17 booties to better fit my 16EEEE feet (which are actually more like 15.5EEEE)

I guess I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire... I can't find any zippered flats boots or SCUBA boots to fit over them. Luckily, my felt-soled Simms Freestone boots in size 16 fit, but just barely. I still need something for saltwater. The size 16 NeoSport zippered SCUBA boots won't fit over the new waders.

Any ideas? I'll try to find a source of custom-sized wet suits and see if they can make something up for me but failing that option, I don't know other options other than spending the money on another pair of Freestone boots with rubber soles. And those wouldn't really be ideal for wading in the surf...

mike126

Reaction score
Try looking for dry suit boots used for diving. I wear a size 14 shoe and have a hell of a time finding shoes. The Simms Freestones in a 16 work well with my Simms custom waders. I think the wader boots are 3mm. Maybe see if Simms has a 2.5mm bootie.

Another option are Converse Chucks, high tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk