Bigger & Better... "The Fly Box 90!"

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
Just so everybody knows... I'm still tying up flies for the "Fly Box 90+," the "Streamers 2014," and the "Memorial Box." They are now and will be available as you need 'em, my friends...

Tight lines to you all... I've got to go and finish the ark. In the last 36 hours, we've had over 1.5 inches of rain, and it shows no signs of letting up...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
I made payment yesterday on the first installment toward retiring the funeral costs for the late Emily, a burden that her parents can't even begin to address. So, I'm looking to "my buds"-- near and far --to help out. "Doc" is going to handle installment #2...

As I have with all of my fly collections-- the Streamers, the Memorial and the Fly Box 90 --I will "pad" the counts on any boxes purchased in the coming weeks with an additional 5 to 10 flies-- most likely 10, unless I run out of streamer materials. On the "FB 90," that would put your fly count at 100 or more...

As my own pockets are hideously shallow via my own cancer debts over the years, I'm helping out the best way I know how-- by tying up fly box orders.

If you know somebody who knows somebody who might need flies, or if you just want another set yourself, let me know. What the late Emily brought back into the lives of me and mine after the loss of our youngest in 2010 can never truly be repaid. But, I'm trying...

Tight lines, my friends... now and always...

Jerry, aka the still hobbling hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
Another batch of boxes hit the USPS within the hour. So, keep an eye on your mailboxes this week, my friends. And, please let me know when they arrive...

Tight lines always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS Mike... Do you still want a few of those "secret" bugs that you inquired about? I did up a few over the recent days, and there yours if you want 'em...

lake flyer

Reaction score
Jerry, just wanted to let you know that the box of flies that Mridenour and troutn gifted me from you worked great on the AuSable in June. My wife and I did great with the Adams and the Sulfurs out of your box. thank you and thanks to mridenour and troutn!

M

mridenour

Another batch of boxes hit the USPS within the hour. So, keep an eye on your mailboxes this week, my friends. And, please let me know when they arrive...

Tight lines always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

PS Mike... Do you still want a few of those "secret" bugs that you inquired about? I did up a few over the recent days, and there yours if you want 'em...
Jerry,
If I am the Mike you are referring to then 'yes'! I'll send you a little something soon.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Jerry, just wanted to let you know that the box of flies that Mridenour and troutn gifted me from you worked great on the AuSable in June. My wife and I did great with the Adams and the Sulfurs out of your box. thank you and thanks to mridenour and troutn!
Glen,
Glad you put those to good use. Hope you had a lot of fun up in Jerry's neck of the woods.

hairwing530

Reaction score
Yes, Mr. Ridenour, you're the "Mike" that I'm referring to. No need for the "kickback," as I tied up some of those in a "golden" configuration for your enjoyment. To your trout population, all I'll add is "bon appetite'!"

Look for a small package later this week...

And, Glen... The next time that you're in the neighborhood, give me a shout and swing on by the house.

Tight lines, my friends...

Jerry, aka the still hobbling hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
Mike,

Not a problem. One favor, if you wouldn't mind? Check with some of your "fishing buds" and see if anybody's in need of an "FB 90," a "Streamers 2014" or a "Memorial Box." As of this morning, the collective known as my fishing cronies and I have retired $7400 of the $8213 for Emily's funeral, and I'm as determined as anybody to finish out the retirement of that debt.

Consequently, I've sold whatever rods I could stand to lose and still live with myself, some old creels and assorted other angling paraphernalia. I intend to see the last of the remaining $813 put to bed ASAP!

And, to you and all my fly fishing friends, both near and far, this IS NOT a call for contributions!!! Unless, of course, you allow me to reciprocate in kind with a box of flies-- whichever you'd prefer of the three I tend to tie up. I've never been very good about asking for help and that still holds. But, I recently learned that life sometimes is not a "one man can do it all" sort of thing, as I find my backside nearly dragging on the concrete under the strain these days.

Just wanted to be clear about where I'm coming from... And, in answer to a question or two received, I do take Paypal. The info is: [email protected]

God bless you all for what you've helped me to do in the past for "my kids," and anything that may happen down the road...

Tight lines, my friends... always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
This is why I love this forum and the members so much! Mike, you and Rick are awesome folks, can't wait until next summer to get to fish with you two again!

hairwing530

Reaction score
Larry,

You'll get no argument from me about how great this forum and its membership truly are. During the last months of a 15-year old girl's life, "my friends" here on the forum came through BIG TIME! With the help from those near and far here on the forum, Emily had a fair number of her bucket-list "wishes" come to pass-- from the old-fashioned Christmas at the cabin in the woods known as "Trail's End" to her trip to the Catskills, Adirondacks and southern Vermont. Collectively, you all added touches of quality to a life that would end with precious little "quantity," and I can't thank you enough for that...

Now, I'm pushing hard to write the best of endings for the late Emily, by relieving her folks on a financial burden they'd have no hope of paying on their own. I'm praying that I-- we --can pull off one last miracle on Emily's behalf...

I wish you all tight lines and the best of friends with whom to share those moments...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
As I promised an update to some of the guys, the outstanding obligation has been dropped from the $813 to just a tad over $600. If the momentum keeps up on the "FB90," the "Streamers 2014" or the "Memorial Box" sales, the proverbial "light at the end of the financial tunnel" for paying off the late Emily's funeral costs will continue to grow brighter and closer.

Here's hoping...

My heartfelt thanks to you all... May you forever be blessed with tight lines at every turn in the river...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

troutn

Reaction score
Jerry, that is great to hear! Keep fishing the box that MRidenour gave me for Christmas. It keeps on producing. We will be using the Tricos tomorrow and Saturday morning!

hairwing530

Reaction score
Update, Friday around Noon... As it stands, the debt has dropped to just over $250 before it's fully retired. Come Monday morning of the week ahead, I intend to finish it, once and for all...

May all who've so generously given of themselves to help out be forever blessed with tight lines, easy wades and a wealth of good friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

hairwing530

Reaction score
With the "retirement" of the debt for the late Emily's funeral, I've been asked if I intend to slow down my fly tying, or stop tying/building fly boxes for awhile. And, to that question, my answer simply is "Nope... not in this lifetime..."

There are a wealth of youngsters whose illnesses would make them candidates for membership in "my kids," and I intend to lend a hand to as many as I can. So, "if you'll keep buyin', I'll keep tyin'... After all, I made a vow to continue the free annual tying classes to a dying youngster in 2010, and a father doesn't go back on his word... At least, not this father!!

Thank you all, my friends, for continuing to care as much as you do, and for truly seeing "my kids" when some look right past them...

Tight lines now and always...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

troutn

Reaction score
Jerry, you are the man! MRidenour and I will be up with my son and his friend in September to fish the PM. Not sure how close you are, but would love to drop by to meet you!

hairwing530

Reaction score
Rick,

Just checked out the video on the brown. Sweet!!!!!!!! Very nice fish, my friend... very nice! Who knows? When the two of you next cross paths, that brown may well exceed 24 inches or more!

A small care package is headed your way, with another one to follow shortly. And, I'll be including a few "extras" in each, just in case Mike gets near your fly box...

Mike, your package also is enroute. Please advise when it arrives...

And, Rick? Thanks for the audio "plug." Much appreciated...

Tight lines now and always, guys...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

scottyb

Reaction score
I am amazed by the flies Jerry! Thank you Thank you.

These are beautiful and made with love. Each fly has "life" to it and I am sure will be irresistible to trout.

Thanks again and I can't wait to go try out the flies tonight!