Booner's Cutthroat Special

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Picked up my 8' 3wt. from Paul Dufour at PJ's Fine bamboo rods.

Booner was my nickname from my grandpa who with my dad first put a rod in my hand.

IMG_20200429_173820.jpg
IMG_20200429_173002_kindlephoto-496073083.jpg
IMG_20200429_173448.jpg
IMG_20200429_172509.jpg
IMG_20200429_173245_kindlephoto-496019479.jpg

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Stabilized and dyed ash burl. Paul does this himself. His selection of woods for handles and reel seats is extensive.

Last edited:

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Yes on the agate. I had asked Paul for a Colorado themed rod, hence the flag colors at the 18" mark and the green wraps. The agate is white.
I gave Paul free reign with my idea as I do not like to limit an artist. I have known Paul for around 20 years and knew he would come through.
The agate came from Wolf Creek pass in our backyard. Paul wanted to honor my CO theme and used an agate he found up there. Attention to detail and artistry.

Ross Colorado LT click and pawl. Sock sewn in town of locally grown hemp.

Was there when we shaped the grip. Even did some shaping. Great experience.

Have only cast in the yard as I just got it this evening. Tomorrow on Williams Creek. Performed as expected tonight.
IMG_20200429_173834.jpg

Last edited:

scotty macfly

Reaction score
I like your idea of a Colorado rod. And the agate from your own backyard as well, you can't beat that unless you grew the cane yourself. That white agate is stunning! I have never seen a white one before.

Paul did an awesome job on your rod. I'm sure you're going to have a blast with it catching cutties and such.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I am sure I will have a blast casting and catching. Have a soft spot for cutties. My inspiration for this rod was the East Fork of Hermosa Creek, top 2 of my favorite blue lines. All cutties and " put your sneak on " mountain meadow fishing.AR-140609573.jpg

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I have fished 2 different waters now with this rod.
Williams Creek was high and dirty as water is flowing over the spillway right now. Only took a couple of fish up to 14 inches but got a lot of casting in. First rod I have ever owned that I have not adjusted to. Paul knows me well and preferred waters and casting style. And created the perfect rod for me. Effortless. Pinpoint accurate and roll cast like a dream.
O'Neal Creek is a small spring creek that feeds into the Piedra. Willow tunnels and small pools. Excellent bow and arrow casts and loads easy at short distance.
Flawless craftsmanship with impeccable purpose built action.
Balance is at front of grip with the Colorado LT. Just as I like it. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

el jefe

Reaction score
Yes on the agate. I had asked Paul for a Colorado themed rod, hence the flag colors at the 18" mark and the green wraps. The agate is white.
I gave Paul free reign with my idea as I do not like to limit an artist. I have known Paul for around 20 years and knew he would come through.
The agate came from Wolf Creek pass in our backyard. Paul wanted to honor my CO theme and used an agate he found up there. Attention to detail and artistry.

Ross Colorado LT click and pawl. Sock sewn in town of locally grown hemp.

Was there when we shaped the grip. Even did some shaping. Great experience.

Have only cast in the yard as I just got it this evening. Tomorrow on Williams Creek. Performed as expected tonight.
View attachment 22614
Williams Creek is a personal favorite of mine. That rod should be beautiful for that once the flows come down and the water clears.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I think so as well. Hit me up if you are in the area. I live about 10 miles from Sportsmans. Always great to meet good people.