Brook Trout Pictures

Ibroxlad

Reaction score
These are such pretty little buggers. I cant wait to catch some come September. First and only 1 ive caught was in CO and was MAYBE 3" at best.
I used to spin cast, but I took up fly fishing this year because I wanted to spend more time outdoors. I didn't have any expectations, and the goal was not so much to catch fish as to get away from things. Still, I needed to know I was doing something right, and the proof would be catching a fish. On my second outing I caught 15 brookies, ranging from about 7 - 9 inches.
I let them all go, so if you're ever up in Canada, I can show you where to catch them. And I agree wholeheartedly, these are a beautiful little fish. :)

LandoLando

Reaction score
[SUB][/SUB]Went to one of my favorite lakes in the Uintas last weekend. The highway just barely opened up because of late snow. Based on the hike through countless 5ft+ snow drifts, and the thinning of foot prints to zero in the last few hundred yards of the hike, I assume we were the first to fish this lake this year. Still had some ice thawing, and the brook trout were very active near the edges of the receding ice. They were going after streamers half there size. We caught around a dozen each all in the 10 to 15 inch range. Each very colorful and unique. Well worth the strenuous hike.

dennyk

Reaction score
[SUB][/SUB]Went to one of my favorite lakes in the Uintas last weekend. The highway just barely opened up because of late snow. Based on the hike through countless 5ft+ snow drifts, and the thinning of foot prints to zero in the last few hundred yards of the hike, I assume we were the first to fish this lake this year. Still had some ice thawing, and the brook trout were very active near the edges of the receding ice. They were going after streamers half there size. We caught around a dozen each all in the 10 to 15 inch range. Each very colorful and unique. Well worth the strenuous hike.

BEAUTIFUL!!

Denny

nmum

Reaction score
The Uinta mountains and lakes are some of my favorite places in the world. I grew up fishing and backpacking there. Unfortunately I live a far away now in CT. But I try to get out there to fish every summer.

tourproto

Reaction score
My favorite species... Here are some beautiful brook trout photos from a trip to Patagonia this Winter.

View attachment 16070

View attachment 16072
OMG, those fish are HUGE! Need to get down to Patagonia one of these days. I think the biggest Brookies I catch are maybe 12" long and most are in the 6-8" range. And I have caught some as small as 3"

This is what I am used to catching when it comes to brookies

IMG_94212.JPG.jpg
IMG_9421.jpg

devonbustard

Reaction score

My recent outing on my home lake and the stream that runs out of it. Didn’t include the landlocked salmon I caught. Fish were on bucktail streamers or elk hair Caddis. Love these beautiful fish - all wild. New Brunswick, Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjlapier

Reaction score
When I saw the colors of this fish I was very happy and amazed. The rainbows around my waters don't look like this at all. It's been a long time since I caught a brook trout. This one came from a hidden lake in Glacier National Park.

I caught a couple more but this one was the prettiest. Hares Ear was on the menu that day.

hcrum87hc

Reaction score
Brook trout have become my favorite fish to pursue as they're the only "trout" (char) native to my area. I've caught plenty of beautiful wild ones and a few stocked ones. I'll share my favorites with you fine folks.

This is one of the first brookies I ever caught. As you can tell, it was a stocker, but due to its colors, I believe it was a holdover. He put up one heck of a fight.

This one is important to me, because it's the first wild brookie I caught.

This is my best wild brookie to date. It was about 10", but man was it thick and really colored up.