Brookie wallpaper

Ard

Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
That's really nice Dan!

Where I live there are no Brook Trout but I grew up right in the thick of them and keep this picture hung over my little fly tying bench.

It was called Plunge Pool by Mark Susino, I've had that for around 25 years I think. At one time I was a Brookie aficionado and a wild Brown trout aficionado but neither live here where I'm about to open my 18th season.

Get posting bud and get to know some people here :)

Found another picture where you can see the Brookie :)

Last edited:

inshore_man

Reaction score
This is the reason i love the fall where I am….the males all look like that 1st pic…its unbelievable and it never gets old to see them like that every early october

Ard

Manager
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what we have here:

Dolly Varden Char, a close retaliative of Salvelinus fontinalis, the Dolly is Salvelinus malma. They share loads of habits including that they are fall spawners also. Dollies favor the same type water conditions and cover although some here can get pretty large. They have access to the ocean here and tend to head to the lakes or sea during winter unless they are hundreds of miles up the river systems. Even fish that are a hunderd or more miles from the tideline will go. When you catch one in October here the males (like the one pictured) can be long but quite thin, a testament to the stress and strain of the breeding processes. I get some while steelhead fishing as bi catch.