Brown Trout Pics

okaloosa

Reaction score
Snuck a nymph under a rock, right in the seam between fast and slow water and got a hit on the first drift. Had to run it down stream out of the fast water to net it.

On the hike back, saw this little gopher snake:
I like that brown for sure but I am wondering if that snake is not a neo/juvenile northern racer and not a gopher snake...do you have another photo of it?

LandoLando

Reaction score
Snuck a nymph under a rock, right in the seam between fast and slow water and got a hit on the first drift. Had to run it down stream out of the fast water to net it.

On the hike back, saw this little gopher snake:
Went to the same spot today and caught the same fish. He took the same fly about 10 feet down stream of where I caught him yesrerday. Notice the spots on the gill plate, they are identical.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Since that's your first post I have to ask, caught on what fly? And while I'm being negative and grumpy I might as well say it ......... If you guys want me to click the like you're gonna have to leave them in the water for the glory shot. The hold them out to the camera thing was eliminated from my own practices a long time ago.

Sorry but I am what I am :(

Pigiron

Reaction score
I live in NEPA. I’ve been trout fishing 32 years. I decide that I wanted to start fly fishing. I started in July and up until last weekend. I have not had great results a few very small browns on drie fly but nothing big. That changed and I don’t think I will ever pick up my spin rod again. I brought 3 to the net the first 2 pic are the same fish.7D59DA63-D6C8-448C-BA9F-3DE5D080F625.jpegCE877190-34AE-480E-9099-D16AF0A1F426.jpegCE877190-34AE-480E-9099-D16AF0A1F426.jpegE56ADB0A-7CE4-4EC6-89A2-8970E8E248BE.jpegF8BE91BC-1DF8-4701-93C1-4DEB26294D65.jpeg

Druunkonego

Reaction score
I live in NEPA. I’ve been trout fishing 32 years. I decide that I wanted to start fly fishing. I started in July and up until last weekend. I have not had great results a few very small browns on drie fly but nothing big. That changed and I don’t think I will ever pick up my spin rod again. I brought 3 to the net the first 2 pic are the same fish.
Beauties Pigiron! And welcome to the club. You say you're a NEPA resident... me too! They outta the Lackawanna, elsewhere in NEPA?
Also, nice rig you got there. I'm thinking of putting one of those Vayas on my new radian, (if it ever gets here. It's been lost in the mail for weeks).
Cheers.

Pigiron

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes it is the lacky. Its the only river i fish i grew up in Throop an now i live in Jessup. That sucks about your rod. The vaya is awesome i love it. I might even buy another vaya 6/7 or sdf 6/7 . My sage TCX 9ft 6wt streamer rod broke Saturday morning just as the fish started to turn on. I went right down to A&G outfitters. Great guys. I bought a new Orvis recon 9ft 6wt. It most have been good luck because i put my first in the net 10 minutes later. I will say i did like the feel of the sage better , lighter and easier to throw big streamers. Hit me up some time if you want to go out. I know almost ever inch of the the rive from Archbald to old forge.

Druunkonego

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes it is the lacky. Its the only river i fish i grew up in Throop an now i live in Jessup. That sucks about your rod. The vaya is awesome i love it. I might even buy another vaya 6/7 or sdf 6/7 . My sage TCX 9ft 6wt streamer rod broke Saturday morning just as the fish started to turn on. I went right down to A&G outfitters. Great guys. I bought a new Orvis recon 9ft 6wt. It most have been good luck because i put my first in the net 10 minutes later. I will say i did like the feel of the sage better , lighter and easier to throw big streamers. Hit me up some time if you want to go out. I know almost ever inch of the the rive from Archbald to old forge.
I haven't been down to A&G in a couple years. I think I heard they moved. I may stop down there today. I need a few last minute things before I head out to Ithica tonight. Hoping to find some landlocked salmon in the morning.

My former brother-in-law, whom I'm still friendly with, lives in Olyphant. I've fished that stretch a couple times. I've seen a few beauties in there but never landed any. I may take you up on showing me around some time.

frickerdog

Reaction score
Landed my first brown on a barbless hook today. Beautiful fish on a new river for me (South Raritan). It is a barbless hook zone so I obliged. Top lip hook permitted me to keep pressure on him. I lost another because of slack when the fish made a quick directional change toward me. 4A120043-E300-477F-84F1-6943A24041B1.jpeg

jzim

Reaction score
Landed my first brown on a barbless hook today. Beautiful fish on a new river for me (South Raritan). It is a barbless hook zone so I obliged. Top lip hook permitted me to keep pressure on him. I lost another because of slack when the fish made a quick directional change toward me. View attachment 27595
Nice fish Don't fear barbless hooks.

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
Caught my two personal best Brown trout today.

Fishing an Ontario tributary with a simple egg pattern.

Gorgeous male and female. Male was 32 inches and bottomed out my little scale that goes to 15lbs. Female was 27 inches and about 11lbs.

I need a bigger net!

Sorry in advance for the Grip and Grin. Both swam away with attitude. 20201106_160815.jpg20201106_160556.jpg20201106_160714.jpg20201106_164747.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk