Bug pics thread

flav

Reaction score
These guys (green drakes) are about done on my local rivers. Actually I don't think I've seen one in a while, probably due to the warm and low water. Thank goodness for PMD's. Luckily we have another few weeks of those, although the hatch has become very sparce except for a flurry at dusk. Fish still want 'em though.IMG_20200615_155419927.jpg

Acheron

Reaction score
It's almost time here! Right now they are still very young and I've never seen one this color. At my house not on the river.

The last couple of times out I'm seeing and hearing them. They're coming to a fish near you!!!

flav

Reaction score
A male short winged stonefly I found under a rock tonight. I'd heard of these bugs but never saw one till tonight, probably because they're mainly nocturnal. The males are flightless and the females seldom fly, instead they run about very quickly. I had one scamper across the surface and run up my leg, then run up my arm like some kind of alien creature. I knew it was a stonefly, but I'd never seen one act like this. Then it ran across the surface toward the bank and disappeared under a rock. Crazy bug.
IMG_20210809_200535717.jpg

Last edited: