Camo or not?

moucheur2003

Reaction score
What no one is fishing in a ghillie suit?

And I mean one of these
View attachment 24902

Not one of these
View attachment 24903
Haha! I always figured ghillie tweeds in natural tones were the original camo. He needs a darker shirt though.

Myself, I don't hunt, I'm not in the military, and I don't see the need to buy specialized camo just to fish. I usually just avoid bright colors and wear something in khaki, brown, or olive so as not to clash with the environment. I try to move stealthily and stay out of sight when fishing in close. I suspect that if I'm far away they won't notice me anyway, but if I'm close in and the fish are spooky, they are going to notice my movement before they notice my clothes even if I'm wearing camo.

Last edited:

moucheur2003

Reaction score
I don't see the need to buy specialized camo just to fish. I usually just avoid bright colors and wear something in khaki, brown, or olive so as not to clash with the environment. I try to move stealthily and stay out of sight when fishing in close. I suspect that if I'm far away they won't notice me anyway, but if I'm close in and the fish are spooky, they are going to notice my movement before they notice my clothes even if I'm wearing camo.
Having said that, this breathtaking example of angler's high fashion has somehow found its way into my wardrobe. It's such a collector's item that it only rarely comes out of the safety of my closet, though.IMG_20210221_095855006.jpg

Attachments

dennyk

Reaction score
Since I'm still cooped up recovering from knee surgery since Nov. 9th, what I've been listening to is my dear bride of 31 years talk about politics. :(

Denny