Casting Books

Upstate08

Reaction score
“Master the Cast” by George Robert’s was recently recommended to me as a good book for casting instruction. Like many good books about this sport however, it’s hard to find a copy. What other books would you recommend for casting instruction/technique development?

Cheers!

silver creek

Reaction score
If you want the best book on how to improve your casting, take Paul Arden's advice and get a copy of Jason Borger's book, Single Handed Fly Casting.

trev

Reaction score

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a book and gave it to a client years ago by Ed Jaworowski called Troubleshooting the Cast (I think it was) when it arrived I browsed it and felt that the guy had a very conversational manner of describing issues and how to solve them. I sent it on through the mail to the fellow and so no longer have it to confirm the title. I found that book on a shelf at a lodge I was working and that's how I knew it would be good for a particular fellow that was a repeat customer here on the mainland.

This may sound weird but I'm one of those guys who thinks they have this all sorted out so if I read through a book and then say "that guy is pretty good" that means something to me. I didn't find anything in his presentation that I disagreed with and like I said he had a good way of presenting his material.

Upstate08

Reaction score
I bought a book and gave it to a client years ago by Ed Jaworowski called Troubleshooting the Cast (I think it was)
This is one of the titles that’s been coming up in my search. Jaworoski also has one simply called “The Cast.” Not sure if that’s the “bible” osseous was referring to but they both look good.

Meuniere

Reaction score
For a very, very good source for all books (especially rare or scarce) that is NOT Amazon, try AbeBooks, they are great. Learned about them from a professional librarian and they've never failed me.

norberttbelz

Reaction score
Both of Ed Jaworowsky's books mentioned above are first rate for single hand casting, some Spey as well.
Referencing two hand casting Simon Gawesworth has an excellent book and another on single hand Spey as well. Henrik Mortensen does a greeat job describing Fly Casting Scandanavian Style . Two all time favorites: Al Buhr, Two-Handed Fly Casting and a classic by the most colorful author Hugh Falkus entitled Speycasting A New Technique.

Thanks for recommending the Jason Borger book, will read it!

JoJer

Reaction score
Lefty Kreh's Modern Casting Method added 15 feet to my self-taught casting.