Caught a Nice Trophy Largemouth Bass on my glass 3wt

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
I had a great day and had so much video footage from catching fish it was an amazing fish day, I caught several nice including a nice trophy Largemouth bass on my fiberglass 3wt fly rod.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

philly

Reaction score
Nice fish. That's why I use a 6 wgt most of time when I fish for bass, or an 8 wgt. Bring them in quicker and easier and they still put a bend in the rod.

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
Nice fish. That's why I use a 6 wgt most of time when I fish for bass, or an 8 wgt. Bring them in quicker and easier and they still put a bend in the rod.
I use a fluorocarbon leader on my 3wt I horsed him in

philly

Reaction score
I use a fluorocarbon leader on my 3wt I horsed him in
I use a 20 or 25 lb fluorocarbon leader when I'm fishing for bass, or pan fish in lakes that have decent bass. Same reason, they're not going to break it and I can horse them in.
I wouldn't eat a bass that big. Around here I don't keep them, but when I go up to Ontario, I bring some home and 12 to 14 inches are the best eating ones.

Flyrod Buddy

Reaction score
I use a 20 or 25 lb fluorocarbon leader when I'm fishing for bass, or pan fish in lakes that have decent bass. Same reason, they're not going to break it and I can horse them in.
I wouldn't eat a bass that big. Around here I don't keep them, but when I go up to Ontario, I bring some home and 12 to 14 inches are the best eating ones.
I caught several cats and a 7 or 8 lb catfish that day but they were about 2 miles from my truck and most of the hike was more like climbing. The bass was caught about 1 mile from my truck. To get to good fishing u have to go to bridges and wade or kayak in Texas.