Cheap fiberglass 3-weight?

sasquatch7

Reaction score
I have a couple Maxcatch rods and while a little heavy I'm okay with . I also have an Aventic and it's a fine rod , better than my CGR and Maxcatch . People that do not have them or cast them should not be rating them just because they are asian . They probably have chinese undies on and dont know it .

Cosmo

Reaction score
I have a couple Maxcatch rods and while a little heavy I'm okay with . I also have an Aventic and it's a fine rod , better than my CGR and Maxcatch . People that do not have them or cast them should not be rating them just because they are asian . They probably have chinese undies on and dont know it .
I actually was considering Aventik but their website keeps crashing, they don't ship to the US, and the one I wanted was sold out at Amazon. :cautious:

alfaromeo

Reaction score
the maxcatch 7'6 3 weight comes in at about 80 grames.. and orvis glass the sames size is with in a few grams more...

Cosmo

Reaction score
The Maxcatch arrived today, nice looking rod. One thing I noticed is the "insert" where you join the sections doesn't full disappear into the next section. A gap of about 1" is still visible which looks a little odd since that piece is almost white compared to the rest of the blank (orange).
Also, didn't like the feel and finish of the Piscifun Sword when it arrived so returned it and ordered a TFO BVK SD instead.

del gue

Reaction score
Let us know when you get everything put together and catch a few fish on it what you think.

Nothing wrong with BVK.

alfaromeo

Reaction score
The Maxcatch arrived today, nice looking rod. One thing I noticed is the "insert" where you join the sections doesn't full disappear into the next section. A gap of about 1" is still visible which looks a little odd since that piece is almost white compared to the rest of the blank (orange).
Also, didn't like the feel and finish of the Piscifun Sword when it arrived so returned it and ordered a TFO BVK SD instead.
the maxcatch ' tail ' reel is the same reel as the tfo nxt black reel

Cosmo

Reaction score
the maxcatch ' tail ' reel is the same reel as the tfo nxt black reel
I don't like the NXT but ok. You have the UltraGlass, right? Do your sections join together perfectly? I read some reviews that some people got rods that don't match up that well so I'm considering asking for an exchange or refund

sasquatch7

Reaction score
I don't like the NXT but ok. You have the UltraGlass, right? Do your sections join together perfectly? I read some reviews that some people got rods that don't match up that well so I'm considering asking for an exchange or refund
If it's not right send it back . Did you cast it to see if you liked it .

desmobob

Reaction score
The rod sections aren't supposed to meet up tight on a spigot ferrule system when the rod is put together. There is an allowance for wear. An inch seems excessive though...

Cosmo

Reaction score
If it's not right send it back . Did you cast it to see if you liked it .
The rod sections aren't supposed to meet up tight on a spigot ferrule system when the rod is put together. There is an allowance for wear. An inch seems excessive though...
According to many reviews there is an “issue” that there is a gap between the sections but from what I can find most people have 1/8-1/4” gaps. In my case it was much more than that (ok I exaggerated a little when I said 1”). This is me pushing it in as far as I possibly can: 24AC36D7-EEEF-42CE-B625-3566D6FF4AAB.jpeg
So, 5/8s?
I know you get what you pay for but at least have a little quality control... I have returned it now and ordered a Moonshine Revival 7’ 3wt instead.

I usually buy “expensive” stuff even though I know it’s stupid but it makes me feel “safe”. This time I was going to try the bargains but was very much let down. Didn’t like the reel at all (felt really cheap). The rod, well you can see yourselves. I’m not gonna spend $1000 on a blank but I think the $400-500 range for an outfit is where I’m gonna stay.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
According to many reviews there is an “issue” that there is a gap between the sections but from what I can find most people have 1/8-1/4” gaps. In my case it was much more than that (ok I exaggerated a little when I said 1”). This is me pushing it in as far as I possibly can: View attachment 34766
So, 5/8s?
I know you get what you pay for but at least have a little quality control... I have returned it now and ordered a Moonshine Revival 7’ 3wt instead.

I usually buy “expensive” stuff even though I know it’s stupid but it makes me feel “safe”. This time I was going to try the bargains but was very much let down. Didn’t like the reel at all (felt really cheap). The rod, well you can see yourselves. I’m not gonna spend $1000 on a blank but I think the $400-500 range for an outfit is where I’m gonna stay.
I think you'll like that Revival 3. I have fished it a couple of times and it is a great little rod. I have the 5 and other than a touch heavy is phenomenal. Have considered buying the 3 as well but I am heavy on 3's.

Cosmo

Reaction score
I think you'll like that Revival 3. I have fished it a couple of times and it is a great little rod. I have the 5 and other than a touch heavy is phenomenal. Have considered buying the 3 as well but I am heavy on 3's.
I’ve read a lot of good things about it so I’m very excited! Most people say it’s more than a 3wt so I got a 4wt line to go with it

sasquatch7

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that if there's a decent and equal amount inside the wraps and each section is more or less the same . I've seen many rods costing more that do the same thing .