Chest Waders vs Wading Pants

thomasw

Reaction score
I like wet wading if it is warm enough. Otherwise I wear my waders and, if conditions allow, I roll the front bib down like silver creek and others do.

JDR

Reaction score
Regarding the price of wading pants vs. bibs... The main driver for the cost of any garment is the amount of sewing (stitch work). The small amonut of extra fabric and suspenders do not add appreciably to the cost. Instead of suspenders pants use a belt. Likewise, the amount of stitching that goes into adding the additional fabric on bibs is minimal. It should be obvioius that sewing the legs/booties of the pant is the same as a bib wader. But, my pants have individual belt loops and internal gussets to allow for better fit around the waist. The amount of time it takes to stitch these features, not necessary on bibs, is probably about the same time it takes for the construction of bib waders. So that explains why the pricing is close to bibs, even with less material. I wear Patagonia pants.

frickerdog

Reaction score
Here are a few options. They have been great and the pricing is far better. Fantastic Quality and Fantastic Customer Service.

I did a combo deal of full zip waders and the SEEKR pants as they are 4 layer instead of 5 layer. Got both for less than waders alone with Simms or Patagonia. Have a lot of time on both pair and no regrets. Next time I buy, it will be DRYFT again.
I also bought a pair of SEEKR pants at the beginning of this season and now I wear them almost exclusively. They are great.

okaloosa

Reaction score
I own the DRYFT lighter weight blue jean style pant waders and love them. A lot easier to move around and perfect for hot days when wet wading not a good option.