Chilean Patagonia

elkchapo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the process of planning a trip to Chile in December 2021. We've focused in on Cinco Rios lodge and Estancia Del Zorro near Coyhaique, Chile. I guess they are sister lodges so you spend a few nights at one lodge then move to the other. Wondering if anyone has any experience at either place? Or any experience in the Coyhaique area in general?

Thanks in advance!

driftless22

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the process of planning a trip to Chile in December 2021. We've focused in on Cinco Rios lodge and Estancia Del Zorro near Coyhaique, Chile. I guess they are sister lodges so you spend a few nights at one lodge then move to the other. Wondering if anyone has any experience at either place? Or any experience in the Coyhaique area in general?

Thanks in advance!
I've visited two other lodges in the Coyhaique area - Coyhaique River Lodge and Magic Waters, and would highly recommend either of them. A friend of mine has visited Cinco Rios, and would definitely recommend that lodge. my impression is that these three operations are similar in regard to the quality of the accommodations and the fishing programs. I've never talked to anyone who is familiar with Estancia Del Zorro.

I greatly enjoyed my trips to Chilean Patagonia. The countryside is beautiful, resembling the American West. These lodges fish a variety of large and small streams, and the fishing is typically very good. The wonderful thing about fishing in this part of the world is the total lack of competition. During my three stays in this area, we encountered another party of fishermen on one occasion. Although the fishing can be excellent, you should have reasonable expectations in regard to the size of the trout. During my stays at Coyhaique River Lodge and Magic Waters, I particularly enjoyed the lake fishing. If Cinco Rios has a similar lake fishing option, I would suggest that you at least try it.

elkchapo

Reaction score
I've visited two other lodges in the Coyhaique area - Coyhaique River Lodge and Magic Waters, and would highly recommend either of them. A friend of mine has visited Cinco Rios, and would definitely recommend that lodge. my impression is that these three operations are similar in regard to the quality of the accommodations and the fishing programs. I've never talked to anyone who is familiar with Estancia Del Zorro.

I greatly enjoyed my trips to Chilean Patagonia. The countryside is beautiful, resembling the American West. These lodges fish a variety of large and small streams, and the fishing is typically very good. The wonderful thing about fishing in this part of the world is the total lack of competition. During my three stays in this area, we encountered another party of fishermen on one occasion. Although the fishing can be excellent, you should have reasonable expectations in regard to the size of the trout. During my stays at Coyhaique River Lodge and Magic Waters, I particularly enjoyed the lake fishing. If Cinco Rios has a similar lake fishing option, I would suggest that you at least try it.
Wow! Thank you for the detailed info, driftless! Very helpful!