Choosing a poling skiff? Suggestions?

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
Apparently it takes 14-18 months to have a SaltMarsh skiff built, and 6-7 for a Skimmer Skiff. I looked at a couple of used one, but there were issues with both, so now I ponder my next move. Trip to Utah next week will help give me some clarity I hope.

karstopo

Reaction score
Friend of mine had a pretty new Shoalwater he recently sold. He said people went nuts trying buy it. Big wait list to get new ones. Cannot get new washing machines, refrigerators, etc.

TX_Maverick

Reaction score
I fish the waters you mention (WMB/EMB) and can tell you in a small skiff like that, you need to pick your days wisely. WMB is not a bay to be caught off guard in the wrong area and the wrong time in, I promise. I have a Maverick HPXT, and know how to run the south shoreline to avoid wind, but still use plenty of caution on that body of water. Skiffs will get you away from the crowds though, and there is plenty of marsh and fishing within miles of several ramps in that area.

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
I fish the waters you mention (WMB/EMB) and can tell you in a small skiff like that, you need to pick your days wisely. WMB is not a bay to be caught off guard in the wrong area and the wrong time in, I promise. I have a Maverick HPXT, and know how to run the south shoreline to avoid wind, but still use plenty of caution on that body of water. Skiffs will get you away from the crowds though, and there is plenty of marsh and fishing within miles of several ramps in that area.
Yeah. I take the wind seriously being as I fish from a kayak down there.