Could some help out...first time in CO ever and would like to just catch something

luked

Reaction score
Wife and I are on vacation in Denver as she has some family here. This is my first time here and I brought along my fishing gear but really dont know where to go.
I went this morning in Clear Creek off of highway 6 as we are staying at familys place close to Lookout Mountain/Paradise Hills area.
I didnt catch anything this morning but had a pretty good time just trying. I stopped in the Golden Fly Shop and talked to a guy there and he was really helpfull but man he rattled off a lot of different places to go and check out I cant remember them all.
He did say he would rather fish Bear Creek than Clear Creek.
one place I had thought about going to check out was Lair Of the Bear park area. I have read that it can get pretty busy there but I only have a couple hours each morning i can go before we have to go be tourists.
So if anyone would have some areas I could go to get some fish all I want to do is just catch something not out for a trophy brown or anything like that just want to catch something.
I am mainly a nymph under indicator angler but have a decent dry assortment also.
Thanks fellas.

osseous

Reaction score
Just head to Deckers- Tricos are popping....caddis... pmd. Use 6X and watch the edges for risers.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

osseous

Reaction score
If you have more time, a trek to the Eagle would also be worth it. Lots of dry fly action right now.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

cmcdhuibh

Reaction score
Orangevale Ca.(Sacramento) Estes Park Co.
When I was much younger we would fish the river along coal creek canyon up through Rollinsville to the Moffat tunnel. East of Rollinsville was private + there is a hatchery. Not sure about it these days.
Clear creek was so polluted from the mines the fish couldn’t survive.