dispersed camping?

bdavis32

Reaction score
Coming up in mid/late May and hoping to camp. Is there any dispersed camping available in the Lanesboro/SE MN/NE Iowa areas? I've been to a few state parks but looking for a little more privacy. Cheers!

dpnoll48

Reaction score
I don't believe there is any dispersed camping in SE Mn. In NE Iowa I believe you can camp in most public access areas.

bdavis32

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I found a place called Gud i nuff up near Lanesboro that I may check out. Anyone stayed there by chance?

bdavis32

Reaction score
yeah. primitive camping. No amenities needed. I talked to a DNR rep from MN and got some ideas from her. But am open to hear of anything anyone is willing to share.

Tony Blundetto

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I found a place called Gud i nuff up near Lanesboro that I may check out. Anyone stayed there by chance?
I stayed there once in June last year. It seemed like it was kind of more geared towards being a party spot, as people were drinking and loud a little later than I would have preferred, but you probably wouldn't have that problem in Mid-May. Super basic but for us I guess they lived up to their name.

I know this is my first post, but no, I did not join the forum just to talk about this camping spot.

bdavis32

Reaction score
Thanks Tony. That's kind of the vibe I got from the photos on Google of that campsite. My group ended up finding a cabin that is creek front so very excited about that. Hopefully I have a nice trip report when we get back.