DRYFT Waders

old timer

Reaction score
I'm surprised with so many views and no comments.

Nobody owns the DRYFT waders?

Last edited:

cooutlaw

Reaction score
I have heard positive things, but being a smaller and lesser known brand it might take a bit to find owners to offer feedback. I know there are some users here on the forum from other threads, so hopefully they will chime in. I'm guessing most of the views are to see the feedback rather than offer it. I stopped by to see what others thought too, I can't offer any personal experience with them, but am curious as well.

JoJer

Reaction score
I looked at these really hard on thier web site. It's easy to see the (local) Oregon influece on the features, materials and design: These puppies are designed for PNW steelheaders. And as good as they look, I'd have to say they are reasonably priced. I wish I'd had a shot at these ten years ago.

okaloosa

Reaction score
I own the zippered Dryft waders.
They function great. Zippers absolutely waterproof.
Nice fit. I have gone through lots of brush and thistle. So far so good. Maybe pant waders from Dryft next. Designed by serious steelheaders.

J

joe_strummer

I do most of my days of trout fishing in a year in wading pants, and vastly prefer zippered waders, pants or chest highs, cause as this ol fella once said don't get between an ol man and the china bowl. Simms received my G3 pants for a warranty repair this past fall and told me that product was no longer in their catalog. Eventually this turned out to not be the case but in the interim I did find Dryft appears to have the only other zippered pant waders on the market right now. At $250 I'll almost certainly pick up a pair and try them, unless you come back here old timer and say they're junk.

okaloosa

Reaction score
You can call the owner of Dryft and talk to him. Try that with Simms, Orvis, or Patagonia. He helped me figure out what size was best for me. Fits like a glove. I like to support guys like that. Same with Joe at T&T. You can actually ask them directly whats best for you.

LOC

Reaction score
Yeah I took a look myself because I am in the market for a new pair..
In the close out they have last years zip models for a good price andddddd of course the only size they are sold out of is my size,

Whah whah...

What's nice is they took the time to list the differences in the new models vs the clearance so you can make a informative decision.

Doggy

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the Wading pants and have fished with them twice so far, the first day only a couple hours, the second day I was in the water a solid 5 hours, when I took them off my sweat pants were a little damp at the knees, this is my very first pair of waders so I'm not sure if this is normal or not, I was going to put them thru another good test to see if it happens again. The fit is very good and the quality looks and feels very good. I also got a personnel email from the owner about the review I left thanking me, I thought that was very cool.

flytie09

Reaction score
I saw someone with a pair last week. I should have asked him his thoughts on them...... but I can say he was a hard core Steelheader. I’d try a pair. Good story.

The downside..... they’re made in China. And pricing on their guide series zipper front is on par with Simms G3’s which are made in the US. This gives me some pause.

These guys will create their brand in the coming years. Warranty, pricing, styles.... so far based on what I read they get a thumbs up.

old timer

Reaction score
Yeah I took a look myself because I am in the market for a new pair..
In the close out they have last years zip models for a good price andddddd of course the only size they are sold out of is my size,

Whah whah...

What's nice is they took the time to list the differences in the new models vs the clearance so you can make a informative decision.
Those are the ones I bought. I talked to Nick abut the difference between the old version and the new one and none of it applied to me. Bigger and more pockets as an example has no value for me. I wear a vest 100% of the time and don't use the wader pockets at all. I saved $100 by buying the old version.

old timer

Reaction score
For those who have the DRYFT waders. Have you used them in summer? My concern is the black color making them hot.

old timer

Reaction score
Well, they took two long to ship and it gave me time to think about it. I don't come close to wading deep enough to need waist waders. So, I just sent an email saying if it hasn't shipped yet change to the pants. It makes more sense for me, easier to get in and out of, and will save me $150.